Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vintage Tee Nee Trailer and Brackish Water

Vintage Tee Nee Trailer and Brackish Water 11 years 7 months ago #74446

I have a 1959 MFG with the original Tee Nee trailer that is in excellent shape / I sandblasted nand repainted the original color /// I plan to use this boat in Myrtle Beach SC --- I plan to launch at the local boat ramp .
Lately , I have heard that after even 1 use , the salt will destroy the trailer . Any wisdom on the topic would be greatly appreciated . Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Vintage Tee Nee Trailer and Brackish Water 11 years 7 months ago #74449

• Jim L
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I used to launch across the state line at Holden Beach. I can tell you,it's rough on them. My Dad had a place during the 60s and 70s right up the intracoastal waterway at Sunset Harbor and had the same boat I have now. Over a period of 10-12 years,it actually eat the trailer tongue from the inside out and it collapsed going down the road!The only thing holding the trailer together was the steel rod that ran along the bottom of the tongue.Over the years I've had a new tongue and new springs put on it and now need some frame work.If you keep the trailer in brackish water,it might not be as bad as the full salt water.

Re:Vintage Tee Nee Trailer and Brackish Water 11 years 7 months ago #74458

Can you install a hole to flood the frame and rinse it front to back. That is how I flushed the 3643 nuts and 2435 wasp nests from mine when I restored it. A quick rinse now and then should help.

Re:Vintage Tee Nee Trailer and Brackish Water 11 years 7 months ago #74459

I boat in fresh water and my brother lives on Sullivans Island just down the coast from you. He has is trailers set up to load in very shallow water to incurr the least amount of salt water to his trailers that are built for salt water use. I would never sink your trailer into salt or brack for that matter. Once the water gets into the tailer, it will continue to eat away slowly over time. Use your Tee Nee for shows and buy a good galvanize or aluminum trailer that is designed for salt water use.

Re:Vintage Tee Nee Trailer and Brackish Water 11 years 7 months ago #74460

I grew up in Sarasota.....there are NO old trailers there. I had a 18' cobia
I fished out of, it came with a new trailer.....it lasted 3 years and it was gone.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online