Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957-58 Enduracraft-Dorsett

1957-58 Enduracraft-Dorsett 11 years 7 months ago #74287

Hi guys, I placed this on the Northwest Classics site but thought I'd expand my discussion here.

I started restoration on a 1957-1958 Enduracraft-Dorsett that was given to me that needed a little fiberglass repair on the transom..which turned into minor transom repair...which turned into total transom removal..which has turned into total floor removal to replace stringers...

Welcome to classic boat restoration :dry: !!

Has anyone out there redone stringers like this? The originals(?) were 1"x4"x8 tapered to 1/2" on the outbard and 3/4" on the inboard side, chop glassed on the bottom, and wedged under the 3/8" plywood floor.

I was planning on making new stringers but was wondering what other people might have done in a situation like this? The floor is very close to the hull so the stringers are very short.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957-58 Enduracraft-Dorsett 11 years 7 months ago #74289

Welcome aboard. I see you found out about boat repairs.

Re:1957-58 Enduracraft-Dorsett 11 years 7 months ago #74290

Instead of stringers you could use a core-material, but that may reduce the longitudinal rigidity of the hull: ( plasticmaterials.net/core_material/core_material.html )

Wood is surely cheaper than any other option and can last if protected from water.

Kelly Wood, founder of FiberGlassics, had one of the Endura Craft cruisers and might still have a part or two:

www.reflectionaryarts.com/boating/

Re:1957-58 Enduracraft-Dorsett 11 years 7 months ago #74301

Hey thanks for the tip (and link) Andy. I thought the logo at the top of the FiberGlassics site looked very familiar. It's good to see what my project "could" look like all shined up like Kelly's.

His awning is in a bit better shape than mine...
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online