Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home?

Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74236

• Hugh Long
  • Hugh Long's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
The title is 1959 Seabee 14' I can't find any info. It measures 13' 4" with a 69" beam 20" deep at the rear with a 15" transome It came with a 10hp 4 cyc Honda that I will sell to pay for the boat. I have a 15hp electric start fastwin and a 57 big twin 35 hp. The big twin will not be ready this season but the 15 hp will be. Any help will be appreciated..Hugh
Trying the photo again
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74237

Sea Bee is most often associated with the "Sea Bee" line of outboard motors sold through Goodyear Tire stores. Sometimes these so-called "store brand" outboards were sold as a package with a similarly-branded boat.

There also was a Sea Bee Boats, Inc at 410 NE. First Ave., Hallandale, FL, in 1968/1969 but likely not related to your boat- they made a 20' cathedral hull boat: books.google.com/books?id=gFZv5Rt-KxgC&pg=PA136&dq=%22Sea+Bee+Boats%22&hl=en&sa=X&ei=B9oWUcvEFtOu2gWE5YGYDg&ved=0CDoQ6AEwAA

Third possibility is the registration/title of the boat is incorrect and it is actually something else all together.

Have you looked at Winner Boats?

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Winner

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74240

• Hugh Long
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Andy you are probably right about the title. That first winner photo sure looks close to the shape of the front of mine. My length matchs some of those boats but is wider by about 6" but who knows. I think I like this boat :cheer: and it would not take much to get it in the water. Thanks for the reply. Hugh

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74250

The deck does look like my Winner but not the rest.
Attachments:

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74251

HMMM my edit button is covered with the adds on the right.
The arch in mine is also higher on the dash.
Attachments:

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74253

• Hugh Long
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Yes your dash is higher and more crown to it also.The sides back at the transom on mine curve in a bit at the top. Of course year models my be differant.

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74256

Mine is a 59 Winner Scorpion.
Attachments:

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74269

• Hugh Long
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Do you have a photo? Does it look simular to mine?
I've had this boat for 2 days and I REALY am pumped up about it, no matter if the name is right or not. I have title. I have a '57 Evinrude 35hp and I am a hard core Evinrude guy but.... I have this 1960 Mercury 400 45hp that I got running a couple years ago with help from Dave Bernard but never got in the water. The Merc is coming off the Su-Mark and going on this boat. It is just begging for it. By USCG spec's it could take up to 60 hp. I think the 45 hp Merc would be a realy good match for the boat. Had my Fiberglass "expert" over today and he feels that the transom and structure is solid on the boat.
So the Su-Mark will be for sale again with a running '57 Evinrude this time this spring.
:cheer:

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74274

Similar but I think there are too many differences to be a Winner. Designs were built and stolen or copied and slightly changed and at one time so many people were making boats who could tell for sure.The lines on your boat are so much different. Yours has some style where I think mine is kind of plain as far as style goes. But it is mine and I love it. I'd like to see more pics of yours also. By the way my windshield was cut down about 6 inch's here. Here is what it looked like when I got it. The splash guard or rail is wooden and goes through the fiberglass and into the wood for the seats. I have no stringhers. My only wood other than the seats is the transom. My seats are 100% gone but I know how they were built. They were full of carpenter ants. My Transom is rock solid I'm happy to say.

Re: Anyone know about this boat I just brought home? 11 years 7 months ago #74282

• Hugh Long
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
That is a sharp boat. Not the same though as I can see alot of different lines. Wish this one was in that kind of shape. I think I will so just the things I have to do and get it in the water. If it and the mercury work out for me then I will go farther on both of them.. Thanks for the photos.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.403 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online