Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger

New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 8 months ago #73713

Hello all,

I just joined so I wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I've always tinkered around with older boats with my grandpa when growing up.

My interest has been sparked again because he just gave me a boat that we first worked on when I was 14 or 15.

He bought it from a local junk yard about 16 years ago. We painted it and repaired the seats and put in new carpet and got it running. We never used it too much because we had a newer bigger boat also.

Well time has passed and it has been sitting for about 7 years. He told me he wanted to get rid of it and if I wanted it I could have it.

It is a 1969? Chrysler Charger 151. Unlike all of the charger 151's that I see on the internet, this one has a Volvo Penta Inboard Outboard.

Does anybody have any information about these old Chrysler boats, or Volvo Penta drives and engines?

Any help would be great, because I'm thinking about trying to get it going again next summer.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 8 months ago #73714

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Ryan, glad to have you join us. Very cool story about your Grandpa and how you came to now own the same boat! We'd love to see some pics, I don't think we've seen many Charger I/O's around here. (If you have problems posting pics, there's a link in the support forum that has some helpful info.) Hopefully one of the gang here will be able to help you out with some info, it's amazing the amount of knowledge that gets shared on this site!

Mark

Re:New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 8 months ago #73717

Welcome aboard. Look at the Library for Chrysler and Volco-Penta information. Here is a link to the Volvo-Penta stuff:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Volvo-Penta

Andreas

Re: New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 8 months ago #73721

Ryanflathead45,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 8 months ago #73730

Chrysler Crew is a great website for Chrysler boat owners:

www.chryslercrew.com/

Re: New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 8 months ago #73731

I happen to have a tach and speedometer for a Chrysler Charger of that vintage. The faces are black and turquoise - the chrome bezels are pitted some but not too bad. I have no need of them so if you get into the restoration and have a need let me know and I'll get them to you for the cost of postage.

I have these parts because that is all I kept from a boat that came with a trailer that I wanted. I thought the boat was to far gone so I scraped it. In retrospect that was probably a mistake because, as I now know from this site, almost all of these old boats can be saved.

Good luck on the project,
Bill

Re:New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 8 months ago #73735

Welcome aboard, and yes pics please.

Bob

Re:New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 8 months ago #73754

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Original Chrysler combo's are cool. Yes pictures please.
Welcome aboard.
Attachments:

Re: New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 7 months ago #75053

Hi Bill - I am interested in the speedo and tach. The Charger is definitely this spring's project for me....
Thanks for thinking of me!
Rick

Re: New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 7 months ago #75054

Hi Bill -
I just realized that you were not answering my post! I have a Charger Daycruiser - no relation to Chrysler as it was built by the Charger Boat Company. Your gauges are for a Chrysler boat...

Re: New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 7 months ago #75076

Hi,
The guages I have came out of an early '70s Chrysler 15' Charger. As I said, you can have them, but I am currently in Florida and they are in Michigan. I won't be going back until April. See if you can contact me via email through this site. I am sure it can be done but not sure how. Sorry, I don't want to post my email here as there is no way to know who will get it.

We should be able to work out contact and then I can send them to you in April. Note: I have no idea of they work or not.

Bill

Re:New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 11 years 3 months ago #79062

Hello again,

I have not been on here for awhile but I wanted to post a teaser pic of the little charger. We pulled it up close to the house to clean up brush and weeds in the area that it was sitting in.

I going to uncover in in a few day and see if she will start up. I post some new pics then.

Re: New Member & Info wanted about Chrysler Charger 7 years 10 months ago #129069

I just bought one, Volvo 2 carb, 120 with penta 200 drive....last 2 digits of hull vin is the year.....mine is a 66

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online