Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Back from hiatus and question about a mini

Back from hiatus and question about a mini 11 years 8 months ago #73712

Well, its been a few months since Ive been on the site and the forum. Ever since I covered up the "Tirty Durd" for the winter, Ive been involved trying to get my 73' Stingray in order. Slow process for sure! I told my wife I wouldnt work on the ol' Dorsett until I finished up a few other projects. I think about that thing every day and it drives me nuts not being able to work on it. I had really hoped Id have my shop up by now so Id have room to work on a 19' boat! Thats also a slow process.

Happy New Year to you all by the way!

A little off the subject of my Dorsett. Recently, my dad had purchased a 1962 Watermouse or (Mouser). Has anybody heard of this? Its about 8' in length and 3 1/2 wide. It was originally powered by a single cylinder engine that put out about 30 or so horses. He has "some" info on it but not much. I WILL post a pic or two as soon as I can. This is going to be a project for the both of us, which is way cool! Right now, we only have the shell. The funny thing is that its a basket case just like the Dorsett, just not as much. :laugh: We recently aquired a vintage Rotax 503 from an ultralight that is going into it once we get that far. Way too much power for it but we'll work around that.

Anyway, if anybody can point me in the right direction for this Watermouse, Id be forever grateful! Sorry for such a long post.

Thanks a bunch!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

William if Im in trouble!

Re:Back from hiatus and question about a mini 11 years 8 months ago #73715

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome back Wildbill, good to see you back!

Mark

Re:Back from hiatus and question about a mini 11 years 8 months ago #73718

welcome back,bill,it might?? be a mighty mite or mighty mouse

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Back from hiatus and question about a mini 11 years 8 months ago #73733

Welcome back Bill, sounds like an interesting little project.

Bob

Re:Back from hiatus and question about a mini 11 years 8 months ago #74014

OK, I finally managed to get my phone pics uploaded to the computer. Here is a pic of the watermouse, mouser, mini mouse or whatever its called. Not a great pic, but it gives you an idea. The engine is just sitting there for visual purposes. It actually has a cover that will go over the motor. If you look close, you can see a dished portion of the machine where the heel of your foot would go. So really, the legs of the operator are stratling the motor! This is going to be an interesting project for sure.

Bill
Attachments:

William if Im in trouble!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle