Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now?

Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73403

• classicfins
  • classicfins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Who owns the original Salvage 1 Super G That I got from Kelly a few years back? I found the original data tag for it and want to get it to the owner.
Doug
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73404

Hey, This is Joe in Sport. I'm getting out of boat business and selling my partially restored 59 Invader and my Cutter DeVille. Do you know anyone nearby that might want either? Thx, Joe

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73412

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hey Joe, I don't know anyone around here that is into these things. Me and one other guy here in town were the only two fools I've ever found around here. lol.. I'll be on the lookout for someone. That Invader is a neat little boat.
Doug

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73427

Thx Doug, I'm unloading my motors also...

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73432

hi doug. i still have the super g. happy that you found the data tag and i pm'd you over on the bigfin site with my mailing info. skipp

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73434

Where the hell have you 3 guys been - you are missed 'round here.

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73443

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Life has taken a different turn for me. I still peek in every week, but just don't have much time to hang around. lol

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73445

Doug,thanks for taking the time to send it to me.

lately,life has given me some lemons,so i have been learning to make lemonade. hopefully this year will be a better year for the old boat hobby. i have plenty of dreams,plans,and old boats to work on. i too check in here regularly if for no other reason than to see what John Gibson,Doug,yourself,and some the other longtimers are up to. skipp

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73461

lol,hi skipp,i have'nt been doing much lately,too cold,lol,how have you been?
i hope better than it sounds,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73476

john,no personal health problems for me. with the early spring last year,work picked up early and we were busier than normal into dec. on top of that,i had to move from the location where i had my shop and kept all the boats. that led to me having a 50x30 building put up. i still have things to do to complete it,but just as i was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel,my mother's health failed and she passed the week before christmas. she was 95 and lived life on her terms until the last 6 weeks. so now,we are closing out her estate. hopefully this year we will get the building finished and back to doing some work on these old boats. you take care and perhape we can meet in person sometime. i miss the chatroom on the old classic boathouse. skipp

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73501

first let me im sorry to doug and others for hijacking dougs thread.

boy skipp im sorry to hear about your mom,im sure it is hard.
im happy you have been healthy,and have a brand new place to work,heck i just ish i had heat in my 14x24 garage to mess with boats,pedal fire trucks and motor parts.
skipp we need to get the chatroom here running,set a couple of days and times for the folks that want to chat,i see folks have tried it but they are usually the only ones there.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #73872

Doug,the data tag arrived in today's mail. THANK YOU!!

from the serial number we now know that this was the 45th.super g built at the ca.plant in 1964. :laugh:

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #74040

Want the original title & trailer title? I still have them. Also have another windshield for the super g.

Hi all.

Kelly.

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #74043

hi kelly. yes i would like to have the original title for the super g and trailer. i am also interested in the windshield. send me an email. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can work something out. thanks,skipp

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #74046

• billr
Wow, that boat brings back memories from wayyyy back. Salvage 1 days.
Kelly, how about a few words on what you have been up to?

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #74146

Hey Bill, long time no talk eh?

Let's see:

Been racing professional go karts for a few years but now taking a step back and being pit crew for my daughter. It's rough to keep myself going and be there for her too... so at 44 yrs old, it's time to step back. I got on the podium and that's enough for me. 80MPH 1/2 inch off the ground is quite the rush.

As for her, she started at 10 years old and has really made a name for herself. Last year, out of 25 8-12 yr olds, she took a 6th overall for the year and became a front-runner in the pack... and has really earned some respect from many. I taught her 2 things. 1. Nobody likes a winner that is dangerous and 2. If you can't make the move, don't.

She earned enough respect from other folks at the track that she's made it into a calender too for Nish Racing Motorsports here.

Now going into her 4th year, she moves into the full size karts now and really has a chance at the podium.

If you google "kaiti wood", hit images and look for a little red kart with #11, you'll find her. Or you can look here, I put a little place together for her. She's red, she's #11. www.reflectionaryarts.com/kdr/pictures.asp The KD racing thing she came up with (it stands for Kaiti / Daddy Racing (cute eh?)

This year is playing pit crew and possibly prepping for an F1... she really wants to drive and is quite good. She makes good decisions... and that's not just daddy talkin.

Then, I've been building a vintage kart for a while now and this year, for the 1st time in history, Larry Miller Motorsportspark in Utah will be allowing the vintage class to run. I've worked on it for years and finally, it's happening. My vintage ride and 3 others will be the first... plus, the karting track at Millers is the largest in North America. (or so I'm told)

Then... I also do a little something with go karts on the side.... go see www.kartrods.com if you like. You and many others here will probably spot numerous "glassic" influences I've brought along with me in this new adventure.

Also... I'm an artist. www.reflectionaryarts.com

And still working the same job I did when I started FG.

And... I kept one boat, the 1957 Skagit 20' Express... "THE" toughest glassic ever made. I have every part for her down to the original brass soap dish...and she's sitting, waiting, until I slow down.

And and and... I now have full dentures. That was an adventure in itself.

So in short, living life & having fun.

As I used to say, onward.

Glad to see my baby still goin.

Kelly Wood - Former Webmaster, President & Founder of FiberGlassics

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #74149

wow kelly,its fantastic to hear from you and see what you have been up to,very cool stuff.
and congrats to your daughter!,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #74151

Hey Kelly, Good to see you, don't be a stranger.

Now...Back to the Boats...;)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Who owns Kelly Wood's old Super G now? 11 years 8 months ago #74181

Great hearing from you Kelly. I always did like the carts. the Naval Base in Rota Spain had a cart track on it. Quite a few guys had carts and raced them on the weekend. Also had a few Navy and Air Force guys belong to a cart club in Oklahoma City. They raced everything from vintage to shifter cars. They had a big race through downtown back in 1996 if I remember right. Really cool, like a Grand Prix.

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online