Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thoughts, costs and day dreams

Thoughts, costs and day dreams 11 years 8 months ago #73204

That cool Lake and Sea on Ebay. Needs everything but so what? My thought was its not too far. Its not too expensive. Its not really that bad.
So I looked at the other not so bad project. My 1959 Playmaster unfinished. How much does a free boat cost? No labor costs I am at $1200 roughly. Now some days I just do not feel like working and I have found myself sanding or fixing the boat. I really should count those hours.
Still I find myself day dreaming of another boat. Than I thought think of all the money I saved by not buying the Lake and Sea, so now I can easily justify paint and upholstery. Some day dreams are dang good..............PS bottom of Playmaster will be orange with white top. Interior will be white and orange. At least thats how todays dream looks like!!!!
Mt Dora on my mind, Later Dave the Wave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:Thoughts, costs and day dreams 11 years 8 months ago #73216

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
You are displaying symptoms of the "illness" progressing within you Dave! (I know of this first-hand, tee hee). Justification for lining up your next project, thoughts of how much easier the next one will be, calculations of time needed and cost of materials ....... :)

Luckily I have two things holding this phenom in check for me; 1 - my wife's "one boat rule", and 2 - the harsh reality that I'm not sure my tired old body would hold up through another project. This being said, I do have my eye on another great classic Glastron laying in wait begging to be brought back to life! Go for it buddy, rules were meant to be broken and we never know if we don't try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle