• Page:

TOPIC: Replacement Parts, Vintage Cable Steering Systems

Replacement Parts, Vintage Cable Steering Systems 11 years 8 months ago #73188

• gdanderson
  • gdanderson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
After having rebuild a few vintage cable steering systems I have finely stumbled upon the replacement plastic "shims". The "shims" that go at the top and bottom of the 3/4" dia. shaft connecting the steering wheel and the cable spool. The "shims" are usually wore out, missing or brittle and cracked. I stumbled across the shims while looking for replacement parts for our Cub Cadet riding lawn mower. In the past I have made replacement "shims" from the plastic of discarded one quart oil containers. I found the plastic was about the same thickness and could be cut and "kind of molded" into shape.

You can find the new "shims" here: www.discountonlineparts.com/lawnmower/?c=Bearings%20And%20Bushings&sc=Bushings&b=AYP%20/%20Craftsman%20/%20Sears&id=5216

Greg Anderson
Wisconsin
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Replacement Parts, Vintage Cable Steering Systems 11 years 8 months ago #73189

thanks for sharing greg. ron

Re:Replacement Parts, Vintage Cable Steering Systems 11 years 8 months ago #73234

• 63g3
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Also, McMaster Carr has them, you cna find them on line with a search of the name. On their site surf under "bearing sleeve" Lot's of sizes.
Randy

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online