• Page:

TOPIC: XK22 Update #3 1973 Chris Craft

XK22 Update #3 1973 Chris Craft 11 years 9 months ago #72924

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Hope this note finds you all well and that Santa was kind to each of you!
I’ve been working the last several days getting all of the interior upholstery work completed. The boat had been pretty much stripped out when I got it so all the missing crash rail and dash pad had to be designed from scratch, cardboard patterns of everything were done and the permanent patterns were cut from ¾ inch plywood. I painted all the new patterns with high quality bilge paint so hopefully no rot down the road. One inch foam pad was added useing 3M Vinyl Spray Glue behind the vinyl so the finished product has a really nice soft touch. The face boards on the side storage cabinets were completely rotted out however were good enough to make new patterns from them. Fortunately I was able to obtain an exact vinyl color match to the seats which had be redone just the summer before I bought the boat so that was a good thing for sure. The only thing left to do with the interior except for selecting the flooring material is to dial in the crash rail. I’ve decided to add a six foot long piece of ¼ inch solid back polished stainless steel down the center of each of then to set them off and give them a little Bling! Will also be doing the same to the dash pad so it all ties in and looks like it belongs. Of course this is not the way it was done at the factory when she was built but I think it will look as good if not better than factory original.
So now that all of the picky time consuming stuff is finished,(chrome is back from the plater, windshield finished, interior ready etc. Its time to really dive in to the fiberglass repair work and get cranking on that. I like to get all of the really fussy stuff done first so when the glass is done and the paint is on all I have to do is reassemble the boat, no chasing around at the last minute messing with the small stuff . Have a Happy New Year!! and will post as progress continues.
Pics attached.
John Gambill
JAG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:XK22 Update #3 1973 Chris Craft 11 years 9 months ago #72925

WoW, Looks great. Someone been busy.

Re:XK22 Update #3 1973 Chris Craft 11 years 9 months ago #72931

Looking great John. I think the blacked out stainless will look awesome, excellent plan!!!!!!

Bob

Re:XK22 Update #3 1973 Chris Craft 11 years 9 months ago #72939

jag,if it turns out even half as beautiful as the lida rose you will have one wonderful boat.
i know the skills you have.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle