Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I don't know what I'm looking at

I don't know what I'm looking at 11 years 9 months ago #72862

I recently found a 1958 Redfish Shark Deluxe and I don't know what I'm looking at. If I do decide that I'm interested and set up a time to see it what should I look at in terms of serviceability and work needed to restore it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I don't know what I'm looking at 11 years 9 months ago #72864

Hi....congrats on your find....most sharks are made with a balsa core in the floor....over time they can get wet with water intrusion....if it isn't freezing like it is here walk around in the boat and feel for spungy spots....if the floor isn't solid it will need to be cut out and the balsa replaced....check the transum for any give it may have to be replaced also....early 58's had air chambers instead of balsa so are easyer to fix....early 58's usualy had a rocket decal on the fins instead of the crome logo and no fin caps (except the capri)....check if steering is intact and hardwear is still all there and not pitted beyond any use....if it has a hard top they are impossible to find and are probly worth more than the boat....pics are great and would help to answer your question...also check underneath the boat for any sag or bow (hook or hog)....many can be restored but most old boats are not bringing a lot anymore....good luck...john
Attachments:

Re:I don't know what I'm looking at 11 years 9 months ago #72867

Thanks, I didn't think about a picture earlier so I'm attaching the only one that is posted with the ad.
Attachments:

Re:I don't know what I'm looking at 11 years 9 months ago #72873

Boat is cool. Trailer is strangely interesting. suspention is kind of like a swing fork rear on a old MX bike.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online