Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2013 boat resolution

2013 boat resolution 11 years 9 months ago #72860

I resolve:
to start one of many boat projects, by doing 30 percent honey do list and 70 percent boat list, (until the wife catches on)
not to add another boat project in 2013… (trading up is ok though)
to sneak out to the boat barn every time the boss isn't looking (blindfold the eyes in the back of her head)
to make a fiberglass sanding dust cloud big enough that brings the fire department over thinking the barn is burning
to make many rookie mistakes first, then ask questions later
To mix too much, or not enough resin.
To put in too much or not enough harder
to accidentally epoxy one of my tools to the bench or bilge of the boat while being distracted.
to make new fiber glassing swear words after making above mistakes
to burn up all of the batteries and filling up the memory stick for the camera taking pictures that the boss thinks are useless
to drive all of you guys nuts with: How to ?, where to get ?, where did I go wrong ?, what do you think ? Questions (with photos of course)

Disclaimer: I work pretty slow and college kid is sucking the funds dry, so don't expect overnight project completion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:2013 boat resolution 11 years 9 months ago #72863

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
Excellent New Year's resolutions except for the part about making up new fiber glassing swear words. That's not possible. I have personally exhausted all possibilities in that category. I keep a hammer handy for the many times I get "a case of the a$$," which happens frequently. The hammer can be used to hit the offending boat part or simply thrown across the shop. In the long run, it's a lot cheaper than therapy.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...

Re:2013 boat resolution 11 years 9 months ago #72865

Great list. Might even call it inspirational. On the swear words, if I start running out of new ones, I find adding hyphens, apostrophes, and hand gestures helps.

Re:2013 boat resolution 11 years 9 months ago #72866

My goal is to sell most of my boats. I've too many of them & not enough time for any of these. Sold one a couple weeks ago - and it feels nice knowing that someone is going to bring it back into useable shape. All the boats in the photos are slated to be sold.

Re:2013 boat resolution 11 years 9 months ago #72877

Nice collection, Bruce. What is the orange one near the bottom?

My resolutions:

Sell the 59 Tomahawk
Get the Glastron substantially complete.
Take the CC on more road trips.
Not buy another boat unless is is very rare or very cool.
See how the Bertram 20 deal works out.
Make enough money to afford to do this.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:2013 boat resolution 11 years 9 months ago #72878

That's an American Marc "Stardust" 1960. I also have a '59 Stardust - it is the blue & white painted boat in the 2nd photo. Very cool boats - wide and stable. Much more so than almost any other fin boat from the time. Compare its size to the Glass Craft Citation next to it. I'm still keeping my Reinell and am looking for a cabin boat / hard top project. I'm not leaving the hobby. There just isn't enough resources to do them all - I wish there was.

Bruce

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online