Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 MFG / 40 HP Johnson Seahorse / Tee Nee Traile

1959 MFG / 40 HP Johnson Seahorse / Tee Nee Traile 11 years 9 months ago #72824

I have a 1959 MFG 15' with the original 40HP Johnson and Tee Nee trailer - the motor needs work , so I'm contemplating a transplant and have located a 1997 Johnson 40HP 20" shaft . I know there are some issues with the conversion ,,,,, I'm not crazy about drilling through the transome to bolt the motor to the boat , for one / also , the need to convert the electronics and the steering ///// there is a lot of wisdom here on this site , and any input would be very much appreciated .

Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season to all !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 MFG / 40 HP Johnson Seahorse / Tee Nee Traile 11 years 9 months ago #72826

What is wrong with the 40? As far as it goes whatever you really want to do is up to you. I bolted my outboard to my 58 MFG. I had to drill for it and I don't think it detracted from the boat. I feel safer with it bolted. I'm running a 2003 Honda on it also. If my boat were an all original 58 as it came from the factory I think it would have stayed that way. Mine was changed years before i got it.

Re:1959 MFG / 40 HP Johnson Seahorse / Tee Nee Traile 11 years 9 months ago #72828

Unless it is trash, I would really consider restoring the original motor. That is kind of rare to find that and is worth keeping the pair intact.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:1959 MFG / 40 HP Johnson Seahorse / Tee Nee Traile 11 years 9 months ago #72835

lapstrake,

I would DEFINITELY keep boat/motor/trailer together, even if I had to completely restore each & every piece.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:1959 MFG / 40 HP Johnson Seahorse / Tee Nee Traile 11 years 9 months ago #72882

Keep it Original. You WON'T regret it.

Re:1959 MFG / 40 HP Johnson Seahorse / Tee Nee Traile 11 years 9 months ago #72887

the 59 is a well liked and popular motor,if it were me i would try to fix it,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle