Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: opinions of Silver Line value

opinions of Silver Line value 11 years 9 months ago #72548

I have an opportunity to purchase this Silver Line and would like some opinions about the value. It is a 1968 with a 1968 Merc 1000. Both the boat and motor are all original never restored. The motor wiring harness is needing total replacement. I'm not sure of the other electrical components. I do not have any compression numbers yet. The boat needs the fuel tank and fuel lines all replaced. The gel coat looks very good top and bottom. Have not inspected the transom or floor yet but the interior is in excellent original condition and it was garage kept. The trailer is solid. I'm pretty new here so any opinions about a possible value would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:opinions of Silver Line value 11 years 9 months ago #72559

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looks to be a very nice example of a survivor Wrangler, and it appears to be complete with all the desirable hardware and everything! Conceivably, a little cleaning, buffing and TLC to the tired wiring, tune up with carb rebuild/water pump impeller, etc. and you could be back on the water in no time in it. Plenty of Merc "guru's" to help you with the motor here.

A close inspection of both the motor (spark AND compression check, inspect gear lube, etc.) and the transom/floor condition would be major factors in the value estimate, however. Looks like it was well maintained and cared for, you may have a real jewel on your hands there!

I like your chances on what you see there, what are they asking?

Mark

Re:opinions of Silver Line value 11 years 9 months ago #72573

He has not quoted an asking price. He is asking for offers so I thought I would get some opinions. I realize the value could be drastically different depending on the items noted to check. I was hoping to get some ideas about price ranges before I made any offers.

Re:opinions of Silver Line value 11 years 9 months ago #72580

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Your offer may also hinge on how badly you want it. I would start out at 5-750 with the standard line that you have to replace wiring water pump etc and will set you back 500. In most cases you can splice new wire in and not have to buy a new harness.Trailer may need bearings/ wiring and then how much to spruce up the hull? He may counter at 1500 and you go up to 1G and start walking. Or he may take the 750, who knows what he is thinking unless you throw some number at him and ALWAYS start low.

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:opinions of Silver Line value 11 years 9 months ago #72591

Looks in really good shape, I'd say 750 would be a steal, I have seen similar rigs asking 2500 or more, if the floor and transom are solid...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online