Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Does anyone know anything about a 1966 Powercat bo

Does anyone know anything about a 1966 Powercat bo 11 years 10 months ago #72329

Hello,

A friend of mine and I got a Dorsett to bring back to life and while looking for a motor on Craigslist I found and got this 66 Powercraft with a nice trailer and twin 80 hp Mercs for 500.00. We want to take one of the motors and put in on the Dorsett. My question would be is this Powercraft a boat that a colector might want? I've never seen a boat like this! It's the Catamaran type hull. When we get done with the Dorsett, We want to bring the Powercat back to life. Do anyone know the value of a boat like this? Any help would be great!

Thanks and all the best, Monte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Does anyone know anything about a 1966 Powercat bo 11 years 10 months ago #72332

Monte,
First welcome aboard, glad to have you here. If it were me I'd leave the Mercs on the Cat since it will scream along nicely with both of them on there. I'm not real knowledgeable on the Powercrafts but there are others on here who are. The Catamaran hulls are great hulls. I'll let those guys chime in here. The Dorsett is another fine boat but I wold keep the Mercs together. Just my opinion.

Bob

Re:Does anyone know anything about a 1966 Powercat bo 11 years 10 months ago #72340

• ed-mc
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 115
Monte, that's quite a buy for $500!

Powercats are still highly prized and there's a lot of history behind them.

Here's a site where you can check out all things Powercat:

www.powercatboat.com/

We Merc Dudes will be happy to give you some advice on the caring and feeding of your Dual Merc setup!!

And we'd sure like to see a few pics of your boat!

Cheers and welcome to the forum.....ed

Re:Does anyone know anything about a 1966 Powercat bo 11 years 10 months ago #72374

• Mr. 88
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Are you sure it is a 66 ? Does the bottom have two or three running sponsons. It should have three and if so those hulls are designed for one motor as it should be mounted over the center pod. If it has two,then the twin motor setup is correct.The boats when restored go for 2-5 grand depending on motor,quality of resto and marketplace.What is the height of your transom ?

cool runnings Mr 88

Re:Does anyone know anything about a 1966 Powercat bo 11 years 10 months ago #72377

Dmv slip says it's a 66. It's at my buddies house so I'll answer your other questions when I go out to see it next week. Thanks for you help. Great web site!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online