Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can you help me find this stern light?

Can you help me find this stern light? 11 years 11 months ago #71098

Hello everyone,
It's been a while since I have asked for help on this site. So long I guess the site forgot my username and password so I had to make a new one. You may remember me as nuttz4bolts.
I am in serious need. I have spent countless hours with online searching, emails and phone calls trying to find this stern light base and top in very good condition.
The time has come for me to ask my fellow glass enthusiasts for help. I love the hunt of finding these classic parts and hope that you will join me in the hunt!
This is the actual light base and globe top from my 64 sportsman runabout. I have seen several boat makes and models with this exact light, so I assume this was a very generic fixture for 60's glass runabouts. There is not a name or even a number stamped on it. It is pot metal but as you can see...the chrome is not in good shape. I have inquired with several shops that deal with pot metal restoration and re-plating. A very expensive route to take. I will only go that route if I cannot find one of these that someone wants to sell. The light base is for telescoping the pole, it is not the plug in style.
So....if you or anyone you know has one of these that is in great shape with no chrome plating needed. Please let me know.
Thanks in advance...
Tim
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Can you help me find this stern light? 11 years 11 months ago #71118

That is very common stern light hardware. I have many boats with the same one. It's on my 1957 Thomspon Sea Lancer, so it must have been made in the 1950s. I have one rechromed and ready to be installed on a boat I am restoring.

There are old hardware brochures archived on-line here in the Glassic Library. Maybe you can scour them and find out the brand.

Andreas

Re:Can you help me find this stern light? 11 years 11 months ago #71120

Looks alot like the one on my '60 Wagemaker. I believe it's an Attwood.

Bob

Re:Can you help me find this stern light? 11 years 11 months ago #71208

I have 4 or 5 of these. I would part with this one.. It does have a couple of pits but I'd put it on a driver anyday.
Tom
Attachments:

Re:Can you help me find this stern light? 11 years 11 months ago #71234

Tom,
This looks great! Will you check on my profile for my email and we can talk about what you want for it?
Tim

Re:Can you help me find this stern light? 11 years 11 months ago #71348

Tom,
You're a class act!! Thanks for the parts. Enjoyed the conversation on the phone today. Enjoy the winters worth of working on the boats.
Tim

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online