Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: antifouling

antifouling 11 years 11 months ago #70767

hi thanks to guys on here i now now my boat is a crestliner explorer. can any one let me know how much antifoul i would need and also how far up the boat to paint it havent had boat in water yet so dont know how low in the water it sits

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: antifouling 11 years 11 months ago #70768

tazuki,

Do you plan to keep the boat IN the water routinely?

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: antifouling 11 years 11 months ago #70769

yes the boat is going to be kept in the water most of the year realy only be coming out for service and re-antifouling

Re: antifouling 11 years 11 months ago #70773

If you put the boat in the water now, mark with a pencil where the water line is.

If your boat is bare fiberglass, you may need to put on a barrier coat before applying the anti-fouling. Check with your local marine supplier and they can make recommendations regarding the type and quantity of paint. Different type of paints may require different quantities.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:antifouling 11 years 11 months ago #70820

Tazuki,
I am currently restoring a 1964 Crestliner Explorer Imperial. I'd sure like to see some pictures of your boat!

I keep my Hood Canal boat in the water from May to October,so I too need to put on bottom paint. My boat wont be sea ready for a couple more months.... but just a couple of weekends ago, I floated it off the trailer, to do exactly what the Tudor suggests.

Even though the boat isnt wired or engine rigged yet, I have the main engine, kicker, battery, gas tank and expected parts onboard so I could get an accurate waterline. I marked it with a grease pencil (marks good on a wet surface). I will be painting my anti-fouling paint to extend 1-1/2" above the actual waterline. Normally I put on two different colors of "sloughing" paint. First I paint black, then over it with a couple of coats of the color I want (dark-red on the Imperial). In this way, I can see when and where it wears thin in following years and touch it up appropriately.

You will need around a quart per coat rolled. If you've never had bottom paint on it before, I would plan on three coats with a roller.

Dean
Attachments:

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login