Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Wait is Over

The Wait is Over 11 years 11 months ago #70718

Three months after buying a "Great Running Motor", I had a fantastic time on Lake Mead......FINALLY! The 120 hp 1990 Evinrude that I paid $1,550 for only cost me a little over $2,000 more to have a great time. I hit speeds over 50 mph without playing around with the jackplate which satisfied my expectations. That is probably a little faster than its design speed back in 1961. I still have found no other info on this 16' Bristol other than the Bluebook page here. If anyone knows any more, please let me know. Some original pics would make my day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The Wait is Over 11 years 11 months ago #70737

That first pic had me thinking the stern was going down. I wish I could go with you for a ride.

Re:The Wait is Over 11 years 11 months ago #70751

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
So glad you finally got her all sorted out Phil, time to enjoy now! I'll be out there in Jan. for the HDAW show, how about a ride? :)

Mark

Re:The Wait is Over 11 years 11 months ago #70756

Great pictures of your boat at Lake Mead. I was close to thee a few weeks ago when flying in to Vegas. Looks like an incredible body of water! Your Bristol looks like it was possible a splash of a Glaspar G3. What can you tell us about it? It would be fun to try to learn more about the builder etc. Looks like a great running rig!

Re:The Wait is Over 11 years 11 months ago #70762

Thanks for the kind words. I thought I was never going to get a nice day on the water this year. Now, I just can't wait for the next cruise. It would be great to show any of you guys around the lake. We boat all year here as long as the wind isn't blowing. The Dam is just around the corner from my marina.

As far as what I know about the boat... It was made in Long Beach in 1961. Yes, it has similarities to the G-3 but I think it is a little more refined since the gunnels flow smoothly up from the rub rail where the G-3 has what looks like (no disrespect) sponsons that were added on as an afterthought. It is also 16' long. Although it is flat in the back, the bow has a nice flair to it which parts the waves nicely. Below the waterline is a true keel so it requires no fin like my last flatbottom.

Someday I will do a cosmetic restoration, but for now it looks pretty good from twenty feet.

Rides provided weather permitting. Beer and steaks served on the aft deck of my Carver 32 following. If that's not enough, we can head to the Harbor House Bar for a nightcap.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online