• Page:

TOPIC: Victory, Sweet Victory.

Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 1 day ago #70274

• HellCat
  • HellCat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
So today was the day. After much frustration and lots of work today it happened. I took her down and put her in the water this morning. It was about 38 degrees and the sun was shining, and the river was still as glass. after I dumped her in the water I eagerly hopped in to see if she would start. But alas, I left my fuel tank at home. So I tied her off and drove home real quick to get the tank. when I got back I spent about a heart breaking half hour trying to get my motor started. I tried every trick in the book that i knew about, then an old fisherman pulled into port. I caught his boat for him as he hit the dock and we talked for a bit. He then asked me about my boat, so I told him of the trouble I was having and he said. Hmm, sounds like your plugs are fouled. So he busted out his tool box and we pulled the plugs and he declared them fouled. Well no big deal, Napa is only about 12 miles away, so we talked a bit more then I thanked him and I took off for Umatilla.

When I get to Napa, I get 4 plugs just so I can have 2 extras, and I ask the guy how I keep from fouling plugs. he told me that I needed to lean out the carb. So when I get back the the HellCat I pulled both carb needles and sprayed carb cleaner in there and turned both needles 5 turns out. Tried to start it and nothing. So then I just kept turning the needles in and when they were only 1 turn out Holy cow she fired right up :)! I was so happy and excited I wanted to run home and tell my wife. But I had to fulfill the task at hand. So then I ran her for about 10 minutes slightly adjusting the needles until my amateur self decided it was running good. So then to try it out. I used my kicker to get outside of port because I wasnt sure how it was going to handle with the big motor and I didnt want to accidentally crash haha. When I got out and kicked her in forward I was about the happiest man on earth. The old boat lurched forward and quickly planed. I had my throttle cable adjusted wrong so I could only get it up to about 1/2 throttle but that was enough to get me going about 30 mph. It was sweet. I was beaming from ear to ear. it handled so nice and rode smooth as silk.

I was only out for about 20 minutes, because we had to go to my grandparents house. But I will take it out again next week for sure and have more pictures and a better report.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me in any way. Everything from the little piece of advice and the heartfelt encouragement to the donating of pieces and parts. It has all helped me more than you can imagine.

Thank You,
Andre
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 1 day ago #70275

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Someone had better tell the fish in the Columbia river that it is not safe anymore! There is a Hellcat out there! ;)
Way to go man, way to go!
Neil

Is that a Mercury? I believe it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 1 day ago #70276

Outstanding!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 1 day ago #70279

That is what it's all about. Thanks.

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 1 day ago #70283

Good to see it on the water and running. Skip.

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 1 day ago #70285

Congrats Andre!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She looks great i her natural habitat!

Bob

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 1 day ago #70287

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Sounds like a great day- Days like that make it all worthwhile!

-Andrew

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 1 day ago #70289

• Eduardo
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
We all know the feeling, the ups and downs, the frustrations, but if you keep at it, a day like this will eventually come. We feel your excitement nephew. That's a great feeling, and I'm very happy that you finally got her running. Your patience and perserverence has paid off. Good job young man. Hellcat looks great on the water and better cruising on plane.

Tito Eddie

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 23 hours ago #70293

Flatlander,

WELCOME ABOARD.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 23 hours ago #70294

HellCat,

NICE!

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 23 hours ago #70295

HIP-HIP-HORAY!!!!

As many here, I also know all about the blood, sweat and tears that goes into bringing an old girl back to life... then comes the BIG GRIN when you're finally underway and up on plane! At that moment, all the frustrations and long hours quickly fade into distant memories.

That is a very cool boat... be sure to let us know how she goes when you get the throttle linkage sorted out.

Congrats Andre!

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Victory, Sweet Victory. 12 years 15 hours ago #70309

• HellCat
  • HellCat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thats actually the Johnson that you gave me Neil. I didn't think you were that old ;)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online