Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat found, Kinda

Re: Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70149

skipthescrounger,

GOOD DEAL!

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70150

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70154

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Glad they caught them Skip, at least you have that satisfaction. (Very sorry to hear about your project boat though!) Although they probably don't have any financial resources, it might be a good idea to let the local prosecutor's office know you'd like restitution? The judge may figure out a way to make them compensate you for the loss. Just a thought.......Good luck with it.

Mark

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70157

Bastards, Go after them legally and if that don't work,
:angry: :angry: :angry: Maybe someone can make you out a slip that the parts were worth a grand or two. Maybe I was going to buy that rare trailer for a grand.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70159

I'm with Mark and Robert!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70160

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Bring a movie camera.
Attachments:

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70164

Well it's been a fun couple of hrs here. Me and afew of the guys from the block wre outside my house talking about the boat and whatnot. The 3 dumbasses drove by and waved at us, we waved back. Wewatch them go up the street to there house and go inside. A couple of minutes latter 4 cruisers pulled up and headed to the door.They were inside for awhile and came out with all of the idiots in cuffs.We were standing out on the sidewalk and waved at them as they were sitting in the cop cars.The crime lab showed up and went to work on the house. This has turned out to be even better than I thought it would be.The cops open up the doors of the big old double garage and guess what we saw sitting there. My friend who lives across the road from me, boat is sitting in the garage. This boat was stolden back in 2004. He knew it from the registration number. Its been ablock away from him all this time. so the cops are pulling all this stuff out of the garage and all the nieghbours are there tell the cops who owns what. I even found 2 old trash cans that went missing one garabe day afew yrs ago. There is everything in this garage. Lawn furniture, lawnmowers,yard tools, ladders, tools, bar-b-Q's. Just about anything you would have outside your house. We were starting to get a little rowdy with the idiots still there in the cop cars so they took them away and told us we would have to leave. They said they would contact each one of us to id the stuff. You ever see a bunch of people that make you say, " thats what happens when you date your cousin or your sister " Well thats what this group looked like.The house is full of crap and the cops say it looks like most if not all of it is stolen. The one cop that I talk to this afternoon thanked me for not coming down the street with a bat in my hand. So in the end I have no boat but my buddys getting his back and half the nieghbour hood is getting there stuff back. Now I don't feel so bad. More Latter.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70166

skipthescrounger,

GREAT NEWS!

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70168

A good first step I would say.
Attachments:

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70171

Holy Crap, sounds like one of those family trees that have no branches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope they rot in jail, there's nothing worse than a thief, well a murderer but you know what mean! I'm still very sorry your not getting your boat and trailer back but you should try to get some restitution. Then again it sounds like they don't own anything of their own.

Bob

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70172

Well Iam glad these a...holes were caught.It was just luck that they were so stupid. Thank god you can't fix stupid or they might have gotten away with it. The cops are still at the house and will most likely be there all night.My buddy is glad his boat has been found. He already got his insurance money out of it years ago. It was'nt much of a boat but he said at least it floated. My insurance man is coming out tomorrow so we can figure out what my boat was worth.Who knows, I might have the most expensive boat on the site. ;) Well at least I don't feel like :X anymore. Cal, I talked to the wife and she said that we would definnatly take you up on your kind offer. We don't need the parts right away. Just when ever you get a chance to figure out the shipping cost let me know and I will send you the money. Thanks for all the support from all of you great members here. It means alot to me. So now it is time to get back to work and find another boat and start all over. Maybe I need my head examined? :unsure: Skip.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70174

skipthescrounger,

Look at the bright side: With your insurance settlement, perhaps you'll find a better boat/motor/trailer to restore.
(i'm forever the optimist.)

best wishes to you 2.

yours, "duckie"/satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70175

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Fantastic news Skip!! I hope satisfaction out weighs losing your boat. I'm certain that it does considering that those kind of bastards rarely get caught. Good luck with your new project search.
shipster

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70177

Too bad about your boat, but the good news is that there are others out there. They are getting what they deserve.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70178

Nice job Skip.... you are the new neighborhood HERO for finding their stuff. Sorry about your boat though.
Hey make sure you tell the insurance guy. They took you 599.99 dollar gas tank too !!!

I still laugh when you said they took your garbage cans. Who steals garbage cans ????

Next course of action.... Sue them, and when they can't pay. put a lien on the house, when they default, they get evicted and out of the neighborhood, buy the house & garage dirt cheap from the bank..... you now have a new workshop !!!

One more thing: Since a boat is a "she" and also refered to "That was my baby".... Maybe you can talk to the feds to add charges for kidnapping "your baby girl" and taking her across state lines.
*** just a thought ***

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 4 days ago #70183

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Skip, if you have a Grayhound bus station somewhere in your area we can ship that way on the cheap. A few smaller boxes, one with parts, one with the lower coweling and one with the unit. I would need your address again.
Not in any hurry on this end either. We'll work it out.
Cal

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 3 days ago #70188

Gee! I get on here once and a while (too darn busy!), and look what happens. Can't leave you guys alone for a minute, you get right in trouble. Sheeesh!

Go get 'em Skip!

Frank

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 3 days ago #70190

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Oh how I wish we could free the world of idiots. (but still, let the cops deal with them)

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 3 days ago #70201

I think that you should push (legally) that the law enforcement records each piece of stolen items, and file charges for each independently, as a separate crime. And then have each sentence served served concurently. That is what the judges are doing here for the church thieves. It really adds up.... Hmmm, Simple theft ( max sentence 1 month ) 500 crimes, 41.66 years. I'm a a$$, I push things till it hurts. Glad the crime rate in your neighborhood just got a lot less.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 3 days ago #70204

Well I went to the police station today to see if any of my boat/ motor parts were found in the house.There was tons of stuff there.Took about an hour but I did find something.

It is the tag off of the inside of the transom. I asked the cop if I could have it back and I was really surprised when he told me to take it. He said that they have more than enough evidence for this group.All the stuff ads up to felonys for all of them. I guess they were cook meth in the basement also. The land lord of the house was there today boarding up the place and He told me that they were behind 3 months rent so they won't be back there. He was kinda pissedabout his house being trashed. But at least I got some thing of my boat back. I think I will send Ron a pic of it and he can put it in the calinder. Gonna shine this sucker up and frame it.Get a plate made that says 64 Crestliner Explorer. Rebuilt by Skip. Then I am gonna hang it on the wall in the living room.
Attachments:

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 3 days ago #70212

at the rate the pics are coming in...i might need it.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 2 days ago #70242

Over the last 10 years or so I've caught about 6 employees and a credit card scammer stealing. We pressed charges on all of them, most had to pay restitution as part of their punishment. Most had to pay very quickly to avoid or reduce jail time. I collected most of it with no effort on my part. Now that the cc scammer is out of prison I occasionally get a check from the prosecutor that came from him.

Push the prosecutor to require restitution. But - don't think much about where they are getting it from :<)

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 1 day ago #70246

Skip, SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS. After I answered your message about the upper windshield you still had in your garage... I looked around and found your threads about the whole ordeal... Man oh man!

So this may be a dumb question... I suppose all the rub rail was taken off the boat for metal scrap.... i have a 36" piece of mine where the aluminum was flattened. I need to track some down... I would pay well for the real deal if you still have access to a 3 foot piece of it that I can get. Sheesh... i sound like such an ambulance chaser... I really dont mean to be, but figured if there is any hope I better step up now and ask.

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 1 day ago #70271

Dean, Sorry your a little late on that one. Its all gone. Thats what they stole it for . The alum. Funny thing is though, I was gonna start taking the rub rail off that weekend. I do think I have 2- 6" pieces of it left. Heres the kicker, they only got 6bucks for all of there trouble. This family was a real bunch of dumbasses.Skip.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 1 day ago #70280

It is a shame when a boat does die its parts give others life, but in this case $6.00 and a lot of grief is all was had. I bet he will be wishing he never seem that boat by now.It just is a sad thing. I'm taking the wheels off mine. If someone wants to steal mine then they will have to dodge the bullets. I am no slouch at marksmanship either. I shot moving deer at up to 350 yards with my Model 88 Winchester with 3x12 Bushnell scope. At close range my 12 works just fine, or my Becker and Hollander 32 auto, or my 22 revolver, or any one of the others in the collection. Except this one. Cool old double barrel pinlock with hidden triggers.
Attachments:

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 1 day ago #70284

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Skip, send me a personal mail with your address so I can keep it handy for Christmas.
Cal

Robert, All I ever used for those four legged torpedo's was a 12. Amazing how those slugs can drop one in it's tracks. With some experiance you can lob that ball of lead 150 yds dead on.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 1 day ago #70286

Cal, Message sent, Skip.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 1 day ago #70290

Skip, glad to hear they caught the dirtbags but sorry that your boat isn't recoverable. I gotta say, it must have been quite a boost to wave at them as they drove by, then watch them get cuffed and hauled away. The best news is that they certainly won't be back living in your neighborhood. Hope you find a good new project boat. I'm sure everyone on the forum will be eager to assist.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 1 day ago #70291

Thanks Skip. I kept thinking that there isnt a lot of metal on an Explorer... and it being really crazy to think it would be worthwhile stealing it... sheesh. On the positive side, your Crestliner didnt die in vain... it took down a family of hoodlum-scum, and made your neighborhood a better place on its way out!

Dean

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 1 day ago #70292

robert-lorigan,

WHAT IS THAT? - it looks like an "India under the Raj" style pistol for stopping TIGERS, when hunting off an elephant.- it' looks like a 20guage?

(a fellow here in SA has his great-grandfather's 16guage double-barrel pistol that he keeps loaded with buckshot for prowlers, whether 2 or 4 legged.- his ancestor reportedly killed 2 leopards, that were nearly in his lap at the time.)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 20 hours ago #70301

It is made in the Netherlands in 1840's to 60's. It is what is known as a pin lock. It is 100% hand made, checkering and all. The triggers drop down when you cock it. The man who made it name is probably on it where you can't see.I won't tear it down to see. It was one of a set that was broken down. A gun museum was selling off some of their items. Way back then I paid $175 I think. It is a mean looking thing to look at from the wrong end. I have my Great Grandfathers hand made 20 guage double barrel hammerlock made by a gunsmith. The stock was broken over his head by my Great Grandmother hit with it while drinking. It was made by a man named C. Barker.
Attachments:

Re:Boat found, Kinda 12 years 19 hours ago #70304

robert-lorigan,

NIFTY guns!

fwiw, i've wanted a double-barrel shot pistol since i first saw ELDORADO with John Wayne & James Caan.= I have looked for YEARS for an inexpensive but fully-functional, pre-1898, hammar-double with fluid-steel tubes, to "cut down".
(It's never too late to have a second childhood.)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat found, Kinda 11 years 11 months ago #70816

Well, boat thieves are about the dumbest people on the planet. If you have read this tread you know that the idiots that stole my boat were caught. The judge let them out on bail. Well this morning just before I was leaving for work there is a knock on the front door. I opens it and there are these 3 idiots standing there. The father asks if he can talk to me and I just kinda said "why?' He starts up about how sorry he is about stealing the boat and it was all a mistake. I am like yea, sure, no problem. He is going on and on about how they are getiing there shit together and really don't want to go back to jail. They all ask me if I would drop the charges. I looked at all of them and says yea, no problem. I asked them were they were staying and they told me. I told them I would come over after work and talk to them. They said thankyou and left. I called the detective in charge of the case and he just said "your joking" when I told him what happened. So he comes over with a couple of others to talk to me.I tells them what happened and he tells me they are not even supposed to be within 500 ft of my house. They ask me if I have any witnesses to this and I told them I have something better than that. The whole thing was being recorded to my computer.The whole thing was recorded by my security camera. They watched and took a copy of it with them. So tonight after my wife and me got back from supper the detective shows up and tells me they went over to these idiots place and questioned them about talking to me and they said they were never here. They took them in and showed them the recording and I guess they just about shit. He said that the judge will not let them back out now. It is just amazing how stupid people can be. I guess I will have to go to court this week when they pull there bail to tell the judge what happened. I just hope I can keep a straight face when I am there. Skip.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 11 years 11 months ago #70817

skipthescrounger,

Before i retired, i used to say, "If it wasn't for crooks being so pitifully stupid, we cops would't catch so many." AND (to paraphrase an old saying), "To be a successful detective you have to be twice as smart as the criminals. Thankfully, this is not difficult."

GOOD CATCH, btw! = CONGRADS!

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat found, Kinda 11 years 11 months ago #70818

Glad the 'system' is working with you.....I was raised in the 60's in a cattle ranching enviroment. Well, Hmmm. Stealing never made it to the courts. I relocated back to where my mom grew up. Would you believe there is a self serve vegetable stand, were you pick the produce, use the scale. Pay for it in a box, and go on your way. Honesty is the norm here.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 11 years 11 months ago #70819

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Them going on and on about not wanting to go back to jail!
The easiest way to accomplish this would be to not break the law!
I hope all works out in you favor and these folks get what they deserve.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Boat found, Kinda 11 years 11 months ago #70837

Maybe someone can straighten me out her. Just how do you steal two boats and a houseful of stuff by mistake? Hang those people.

Re:Boat found, Kinda 11 years 11 months ago #70843

robert-lorigan,

because they are STUPID, as well as throughly DISHONEST.

TRUE STORY TIME: In my days as a city marshal (while i was in grad school), long ago in northeast TX, i "investigated" a housebreaking where the criminal left a note to the homeowner that he had "had a GREAT TIME" on their date for supper & a movie, the previous Friday night.
(The stupidity of that crook, i just could hardly believe!)

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Boat found, Kinda 11 years 11 months ago #70844

Aznative, I got a better one for ya. Here we have a "Fish ATM". At the fishing dock about 3 blocks from my house, one of the companies has a self serve, honor system fish market. Open 24-7-365. Put the money in the slot or pay be credit card. If you need scallops, shrimp, salmon, crab cakes, etc at 3AM, you can go get it. Everything is video monitored. They've had people try to steal from them twice and they didn't get more than 1-1/2 miles before they were caught. Very good, very fresh, known for their scallops.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Boat found, Kinda 11 years 11 months ago #70845

thetudor,

Wishing they had a"fish ATM" HERE!

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle