Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Winter project gone.

Winter project gone. 12 years 1 week ago #70028

Well my winter project, a 64 Crestliner Explorer has disapeared. Jody and I went out to take care of some business on friday morning and when we got back the boat and trailer were gone from beside the house. I hope they try and hang a motor on it because there is no transom in it. Only the fiberglass across the back. no floor or any thing else in it except for most of my 700 dockbuster parts. the aholes must be really desperate as there was no coupler on the frame and no winch or post to tie anything to. Right in broad daylight in the city. I think Jody is more pissed about than I am. She told the cops after all the bs we went through to get it last summer she had finnally grown attached to the boat. I am kinda glad that it was that boat and not her Crestliner that is in the garage that they took.I guess I will just start hunting up a new one. Jody & Skip :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 1 week ago #70032

That sucks man. Nothing worse than thieves. Hope they wind up far out in the lake or ocean when the transom comes apart.... Karma.

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 1 week ago #70034

Bummer. Keep checking Craigslist and Glassifieds.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 1 week ago #70036

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Skip, you seem to be takin' this alot better than I think I would. I'd be livid at best. About a year or so ago someone posted here that they had an aluminum boat stolen presumably for scrap. I thought to myself then that I might take the wheels off my trailer. Think maybe now I will. Good luck to you and Jody.
shipster

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 1 week ago #70042

wow skip,i would hunt them down,they couldnt have went far without a coupler.
this,and also catching those guys breaking out windows at my father in laws property at gun point,is why i have driveway alarms and motion lights.
the prison and county jail is just through our woods,so i have a 9mm and my 357.and our new guard dog,lol.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 1 week ago #70043

Sorry to hear it Skip. I hope you do find out who it was. Keep an eye on the for sale adds and Craigslist for your parts. That will help you figure out who it was. :angry: I have no respect for thieves. And John, I'm glad you got a new Buddy. What is his/her name? :)

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70052

Thanks for the comments guys. Shipster, I really am very ticked of about the boat being missing. My wife had to sit with me last night when I posted the comment about it being gone and she made sure I didn't post what I really wanted to say. If I had I would have been banned from the site. I had to promise her I wouldn't end up in jail over the boat. I really hate people who steal from me and have been known to get into trouble when I find them. So at my age I figure I best let the law take care of it and just move on and find another project to work on. John, nice looking little pup you got there. And by the way I do have a SW 357 Mag. ; Skip.)

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70059

what part of the country are you in?

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70062

Hi Skip,
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. If I were you... check the local scrap metal yards, probably went for the metal trailer, especially if it's all rusty. Here in Cincy everyone has to register to scrap anything these days, because metal thieving is a huge problem here. Those thieving bastards will take any metal not nailed down. The pricks around here,are even taking home air conditioners for the copper. Just a thought ?

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70064

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Geeesh Skip. There are some losers around the world that will do anything to keep their habits going. Probably some of the dockbuster parts were aluminum, trailer steel.
If you can sorta post us a list of what was in it we can all keep an eye on the local listings and ebay.
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Cal
Attachments:

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70066

Yup, even out here in the country. Just down the farm road is a self serve vegetable stand, you weigh the produce and leave the money in a box. I only lock my door if I leave for work. Last summer they were stealing A/C units from the rural churches. When they were caught they had evidence from 6 different counties. They are being tried in all 6 counties seperatly and are being given maximun consecutive terms. 6 X 5 years for each of them. SEE SOMETIMES JUSTICE IS SERVED. Sorry for your loss. Theives are my main peave. Without thieves there would be no need for locks, laws, attorneys, etc. Remember, what goes around comes around.

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70069

Skip,
I'm so sorry to hear that. you know back in the old Navy days, guys caught stealing sometimes never made it back from deployment, just disappeared for some reason.

Bob

Re: Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70070

skipthescrounger,

I'm SORRY for your loss.

fwiw, i had my cottage ripped-off of everything that was "easily salable", while i was out-of-town doing "stuff" for my daughter in Austin last month.
(TV, guns, crossbow, stereo, ham radios & even kitchen goodies GONE.)

the SAPD said that it was a "gang thing" & one of many all over the city. - they said that 6-8 people break in & simply gather up everything in 5-10 minutes & are GONE. further, they expect to find NOTHING, as it typically "goes south of the border".
(the detective also said that iwas lucky to have not returned while they were there, as the gangs are armed/violent.)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70071

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
S, BUMMER over your post.. I went thru the extra effort at 6am this am in the rain to put my 54 rig in the garage, now that buyer is interested.. The comment above about scrap metal is very correct..
We had our 16 ft AL skiff / jon boat stolen down back in the cove , mid July , had on shore ,NO draain plug, & thief scrapped all the reg #'s & STICKER off bow & tried to push pole down the lake..
Beached further down & unbolted all the wood decks to try & lighten
to CARRY up the wooded hill ???? I located & filed the report & local cop not sure who had juristication & long delay with lake resource officer, during music festival weekend, so he wrote something, BUT never a follow up call back on thief search .

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70073

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Wow- What a shame. WIth the prices of scrap these days, I have NO doubt where she's headed. Hopefully if you give the scrap yards a heads up they can keep an eye out for things!

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70081

Thanks guys, kinda makes a person feel all warm and fuzzy inside. But anyways, I went to the scrap yard in CB across the river in Iowa and filled out a report with the cops over there, so that they can check the scrap yard tapes to see if my trailer came through. Then I went to see a judge I know here that loves old boats and am going to get something from him to take to the landfill here in Omaha so that I can review there tapes to see if the boat has come in there.I talked to a state trooper I know and he told me he would put the word out to his fellow troopers to keep an eye for it. The motor parts were my lower unit, drive shaft, 2 2 bladed props, and a bucket of mostly nuts and bolts that were just extras. I am just glad I had the upper unit in my shop.The stupid part is I put them in there that day because I was cleaning up in the shop that day and just set them there so no one would see them lieing around. Such is life. :S Skip

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 6 days ago #70083

Skip, that really is disturbing to have something stolen from you. You feel so violated. It has happened to me, so I can relate. I am only about 3 hours norht of you in the Iowa Great Lakes!

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 5 days ago #70104

Sorry to hear about your boat.
It seems they went to HUGE amount of trouble to get it based on your description of the trailer. Are you sure there isn't a new Pimp My Boat show like the car show when they "steal" a guys car and do it up?? Did the cop look lagit? Did you notice any cameras? Have any relatives been asking odd questions about the boat or your schedule?
I am not poking fun at you but rather hoping this may lighten your mood in a bad situation. Hope it turns up.

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 5 days ago #70116

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Skip I will make an offer you might want to consider.
I will give you, G-I-V-E you the lower unit, lower cowel, driveshaft and other parts I have for the Mark 78 docbuster if you are willing to pick up the freight or other transportation. It is a long shaft if that's what you had.
Think it over.
Cal

Re:Winter project gone. 12 years 5 days ago #70121

Cal, Thats a great offer.I will talk to the wife tonight about it and see what she says.She kinda thought I should sell the power head but I have too much into it just to let it go now. I figure that If I can get it rebuilt I could put it on the back of her Crestliner next summer.I will let you know as so as I talk to her.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online