TOPIC: Parts for my fleetform

Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #69964

• Chance
  • Chance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey y'all
Yes it is the 'newbie' again seeking help. I did a booboo and I'm kicking myself!!! Feel free to kick with me. I had 4 screws holding on my chrome dashplate and 3 out of the 4 came out easily had sprayed some wd40 a few days earlier so they just slid right off. Well I got round to the 4th screw and low and behold it didnt budge so I cranked on it and finally broke it loose hoping to just twist off the screw. Well I couldnt twist it off after a few days of soaking it some more I had a lightbulb light up in my head (mustve been about 3 watts cause it wasnt very bright) I said to myself hey why dont I just take my handy dandy dremel and put a cutting wheel on it and zip that sucker out. Well I did and that dadgum screw wasnt quite as thick as I thought it was and I got through the screw and straight into my chrome dashpiece :S :S :angry: I screamed like a little girl and grabbed the piece unfortunately the damage was already done so my question is where can I find this chrome dashpiece for a fleetform lakester? Or if I need to build one I am a good metal fabricator what would be some ideas of things that would make it look good?
Sincerely the moron with the dremel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #69966

Are we related? Hey we all make bo-bo's. Maybe someone can save the day for you I hope.

Re:Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #69970

chance i have bee there too,put up a pic of it so we know what it looks like,im pretty sure someone will have it,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #69977

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
You only did one boo boo?? You really are a newbie. Veterans can lay claim to dozens if not hundreds of these types of screw up's (pardon the pun :laugh: )
How about a picture so we can find a solution.
Cal
Attachments:

Re:Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #69979

Hey I resemble that remark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yep pics help a lot!!!

Bob

Re:Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #69980

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I promise you Chance, it's those "boo boo's" you learn from, you never forget after that! We've all been there, done that. I can read something ten times, but until you've felt it, you haven't "learned" it. Post a pic, we'll help you find a new one. ;)

Mark

Re:Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #69999

• Chance
  • Chance's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Here it is with the booboo on it. The piece has these real small ridges along it so thats why I dont think I can fix it :( if it was flat and had no ridges then I got a buddy who owns a body shop who said the guy who rechromes pieces comes by once every two weeks and I could throw it in with a group of his parts for free but those dadgum ridges so I figure I should probably get a new one.
Attachments:

Re:Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #70015

• tey1967
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Lol...that is hardly a mess up. Run it man! Or use dress up bolt gromets or bigger screw heads if it bothers you. Even a brass, rubber, plastic, chrome, or stainless washer.

Re:Parts for my fleetform 12 years 1 week ago #70018

Wow, I wish my screwups were only that small. Thats not bad. Unless you are building a boat that is going to sit in a show room and never see water or never have anyone get within 20 feet of it, I really wouldnt worry about it too much.Get it rechromed and run with it. It is not easy to fine a perfect dash panel for any boat these days. And if you do they want lots of cash for it. If you can keep all your mistakes that small you will be one very lucky person. So keep up the good work and keep posting pics, Skip.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online