• Page:

TOPIC: HellCat update. And the mysterious missing piece

HellCat update. And the mysterious missing piece 12 years 1 week ago #69961

• HellCat
  • HellCat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Its been a while since I posted because I have been so danged busy, between school and work and my other job and the other one I have I just haven't had any time to get working on the old girl. But today I had some time to myself so I fabbed a bracket to hold my steering cable, flipped the cables on my control box and ran cables from my solenoid.

So I didn't ever post it but I ran into a guy at one of my part time jobs and go to talking to him and he happened to have 3 old Johnson Pressure fuel tanks that he happily parted with for nothing, 2 of them are in great shape and 1 needs serious fixin up. That was a blessing in and of itself because I was very surprised at how expensive they are on ebay.

But anyway back to the overall scope of things I hooked up the shifter linkage, the steering and started to mount my control box but I have to fab a spacer for that tomorrow because the controls I have arent the original ones and they are too tall to fit where I want them but its no big deal thats going to go quick. My huge problem is that I am missing a piece. And I dont know what its called, but I took a picture and I'll explain it. Its the piece that hooks up the throttle cable to the throttle linkage on the motor. I have no idea what it should look like or how it is supposed to look or i would probably just try and make one. If someone could maybe send me a picture of what it is or tell me what its called I could find one on ebay.

So after tomorrow everything should be complete and in working order except-

The Horn- I dont have one
Nav Light- Dont have one
Anchor light- not working for some reason

But Im hoping to get her out on the water regardless.

Also I have another question that maybe someone can answer for me; I have an electric trolling motor and a fish finder that I want to run quite a bit when I fish so I would like to eventually upgrade to a motor that has charging capabilities. So what is the oldest motor I can find that will keep my batteries charged? preferably 30-60 horse.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:HellCat update. And the mysterious missing piece 12 years 1 week ago #69962

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Good to see you back HellCat. I found this selection of cable ends for you;
www.go2marine.com/category/11571/control-cable-parts-for-boats.html
And this article on the hookups, complete with pictures of the set-up as it originally looked (I think!);
www.duckworksmagazine.com/03/columns/max/04/part1.htm
HTH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle