Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!!

EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69849

Brinkmans Marine in vallejo ca. is closing its doors after 50+ years and next week they are selling everything. I was there today and I seen some really cool boats I asked about buying a throttle and he told me I could get a boat for the price of a throttle lol! dont miss out on this close out sale!

evinrude sportsman: buick i/o omc
sterncraft cb i/o 110 merc
Glastron aqualift buick v6 omc i/o
Glasspar ciataion 67 o/b no motor
thunderbird formula f-18 888 merc i/o complete (runs)
glasspar g3 o/b no motor
sleek craft i/o v8
cobalt i/o omc v8
bayliners
regals
glaspars
etc...............
and tailers trailers trailers!!!!
everything must go

location. vallejo california
brinkmans marine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69917

Things are really bad here in Long Beach, too. Bay Marine in Signal Hill, is not going out of business. He gives 2 boats away a week! People come in and can't afford the repair work he estimates it will cost and the people just say, "Keep it". It cost him money to take the boats to the dump, so, he just tells people if you want this boat, take it. Not a lot of classics. Mostly IO's from the 70's and 80's. Some need a lot of work and some need a little. But hey, they're free!

Re:EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69922

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Unfortunately the marine industry (local dealers in particular) are closing at an alarming rate. The south side of Atlanta used to have 5 not long ago, they're all gone now. I attended the "close out sale" of the one I frequented most, very sad days. I feel sure it's a combination of the economy and the increased ability to buy parts and accessories online at a cheaper price, as well as a smaller market for the newer "high dollar" rigs.

If you are lucky enough to have anybody left in your area, please consider supporting them with at least part of your business. If not, they too may soon be gone and you will loose that option. You may save a few bucks at the big box stores and online retailers, I'm guilty of that myself at times. But you just don't get the knowledge and personalized service like many have become accustomed to at the local marine dealers.

Sorry about the ramble, I'll get off the soap box now. :blush:

Mark

Re:EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69923

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am with you Mark.
The guy online will probably never sit beside you at your daughters volleyball game or help you fix a flat on the side of the road.
Support your local folks, they are just trying to grind out a living too!
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69925

That goes for all small business, not just boats.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69928

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Yup, tire stores, hardware stores, lumber yards, the whole nine yards!

Mark

Re:EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69940

Thanks guys - lets hope more people are willing to support what is left of the brick & morter stores.

The best cure is for the governments (state & feds) to be able to collect sales taxes on out of state online purchases.

Re:EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69960

Yea its pretty sad to see them go. I remember when I was little my mom would take me there and I would sit in all the old boats and act like I was driving. I even asked my mom would she help me build a boat when I grew up. I would ride my bike down to that place and just fiddle around with all the old boats. My city will not be the same without this place. The city is tearing the building down and the bait shop next to it. Everyone is wondering if they are even going to keep the citys public launch! Its the last marine sevice and sales shop in my city, not one of them new top of the line shops but the one you can go in and get lights and rails off a old chris craft and used parts that you cant even find anymore. When u walk in the place it smells of old metal and gear oil a smell that brings a smile to any boat lovers face. Its truly a sad time around my city for all boaters.............

Re:EVERYTHING MUST GO ALL BOATS AND PARTS!!! 12 years 1 week ago #69965

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
On our lake we have a dealer who is still in business. When it changed from father the son though it lost all the cool stuff. The boat bone yard, the old 1930's building with the oil soaked wood floors and all the correct smells a place like that had. Now it is all state of the art, high end, stuff. $50K pontoon boats with 2, 300hp motors. That kind of stuff. However, he seems to be doing a good business and he does have parts for old stuff still.

Sorry to hear you dealer is going away.

Local businesses do have to meet customers half way though. Our local lumber yard closes at 5 pm. When I get off work I start home projects. So, I have to drive right past his closed door on my way to Menard's and Home Depot.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online