Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Email from "Doc Frankenmerc" today, to me...

Email from "Doc Frankenmerc" today, to me... 12 years 2 weeks ago #69493

• Robby321
  • Robby321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
(Original post has been edited, as took out personal contact info, as his "Great!" biz card pic, as I don't want to post contact info on a public forum without his permission, but heres the rest).. I got a email from the famous, "Dr. Frankenmerc".. today. It wasn't sent "Nation Wide", just some close friends. He's too nice a guy, really too "proud", as one heck off a man, ask any sympathy here. But ya know, I HAVE to post this here, and I bet he would say....as always does.."anything I post to you, feel free to pass on". Best I can say, the "Doc", well this old HD Biker "outlaw", meet him, the "COP?!"...when I saw a C/L add, "motors to sell, Shelton"..(20 miles). He's a gearhead, I'm a gearhead, and when I saw that "XS1500 wrap", plus a 100's of motors!"?...."I had one of those in the 70's! " Been friends since. Anyway, Thom sent me this today. But be cool, send him a email, say (Robby said OK!)..wish the best. Anyway, Thom sent me this today.
This from Thom..
Mercury palz, Tomorrow AM I meet with my current doctor's office, where I obtained my referral to the UoW for what I feel is the best solution currently available - a corrective surgery nvolving a minimal fusion of my lumbar spine. vAs you all know, Regence has denied the first level of the appeal process. I intend to discuss this with my primary doc & pain management person tomorrow AM. Since I am solely responsible to present the second and final level of appeal (without the UoW's assistance), and only have 180 days to organize and present the appeal,...I have obtained the contact info for the State of Washington's nsurance Commisioner's Office & intend to cross that hurdle next week. Another one of my Mercury Magic Palz, who re-bores & uses a Sunen rigid hone on my inline-6 & 4 cyl blocks has been very encouraging by his insight and knowledge of these state level interventions. He is a retired police officer, and is currently one of the State of Washington's computer programmers that works closely to the Insurance Commisioner's Office, as well as being the husband of a medical staff wifey that is often involved in many of the insurance companys' denials,... Strongly encourages me to taking advantage of these tax dollar supported free services that are most likely required to get the surgery approved by Regence. Currently I am trying to keep my head above water on the depression aspect of all this, and the relentless pain that I can not escape, even with current day medicine's narcotics, shock treatments (TENS unit), and all the other 'witch doctor' schemes offered to relieve my pain levels. Please keep yer fingers crossed for me guys,
Thom

ps:
Unless any of you are unaware,...This coming Saturday, Sept 22nd, is the NWCBC's gathering & potluck lunch scheduled at the Simpson
Recreation Area, at 6011 E. Mason Lake Drive West, on Mason Lake,
Grapeview, WA 98546. The gate opens at 8am, and the potluck lunch will probably be sometime around noon in the covered picnic shelter quite close to the private boat launch & parking area, which I have reserved for the event. I am the host, due to my being a retired Simpson employee, but NWCBC is in charge of and organizing the event, which welcomes any and all FiberGlassic type boat enthusiasts. The potluck aspect of the gathering is open to whatever you would like to place on the table to add to the feast. This is a family based event that encourages our children and other young people to get involved int keeping classic boating and family based events alive in this so troubled time we live in.
Doc Frankenmerc
'Keeping 'em alive since 1965'

So, thats the "Doc", one who you should meet in life..just because..Robby!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Email from "Doc Frankenmerc" today, to me... 12 years 2 weeks ago #69497

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you Robby
I sent the good Dr. an e-mail.
When I visited Thom in August, he was explaining what was ahead of him as you have explained. The only thing slowing Thom down is a damned old worn out back. If one has never met Thom in person, they are truly missing out.
He is in our thoughts always.
Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Email from "Doc Frankenmerc" today, to me... 12 years 2 weeks ago #69498

• bhamrick
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
He is a "One of a kind Straight shooter " Wish you all the best Thom and hope you win the appeal and your recovery is as fast as "The Wild Thang "

Here's a shot of the good Doctor pointing the way ! And the "thang" in action

Also a shot of my "Frankenmerc" on the back of my old Dorsett Catalina

Re:Email from "Doc Frankenmerc" today, to me... 12 years 2 weeks ago #69509

Good he must feel terrible. Back pain is Hell, I know I have it 24/7. Some days bad, some days real bad. Sometimes you feel just like sitting down and cry, or curl up and die. I wish him the best.

Re:Email from "Doc Frankenmerc" today, to me... 12 years 2 weeks ago #69535

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I too dropped Thom a note today, to let him know we were thinking about him and wishing him well. Evidently the pain has gotten so bad he missed the picnic and boat meet today that he was hosting, said he's only had "Wild Thang" out for about 35 minutes all summer! He said to tell everyone here hello, I assured him our thoughts and prayers were with him (and now you too Robert!).

I sometimes get down and depressed about getting older and having back aches, the arthritis in my hands, etc.. Kinda keeps things in perspective, I shouldn't be complaining at all. At least I can still do some of the things I love most of the time. ;)

Mark

Re:Email from "Doc Frankenmerc" today, to me... 12 years 2 weeks ago #69554

The good Doc Frankenmerc spent two different weekends with us and other friends of his here in Florida in March.

I have never met another man any nicer than Thom nor any man who has close to all the knowledge Thom has about old Mercs!!! He and his wife are just two very great people to know!! We will send him a note also. I get e-mails from him often!!!

Jim and Elizabeth Savage

Me and "Doc" at the Mt. Dora Boat show last March!!!
Attachments:

Jim Savage

Re:Email from 12 years 2 weeks ago #69598

• Robby321
  • Robby321's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 10
MarkS wrote:

I too dropped Thom a note today, to let him know we were thinking about him and wishing him well. Evidently the pain has gotten so bad he missed the picnic and boat meet today that he was hosting, said he's only had "Wild Thang" out for about 35 minutes all summer! He said to tell everyone here hello, I assured him our thoughts and prayers were with him (and now you too Robert!).

I sometimes get down and depressed about getting older and having back aches, the arthritis in my hands, etc.. Kinda keeps things in perspective, I shouldn't be complaining at all. At least I can still do some of the things I love most of the time. ;)

Heck that aint like Thom to miss Mason. I wanted to show up, but "life got in the way". I'm same age Thom, got back probs too, mostly right leg Sciatica, that has not flared up for a year, but the last time, has me limping now. But Thom is way worse than me. I plan a to stop out and see him soon. Always something new he has to show me, so he aint giving up just yet!

Re:Email from 12 years 1 week ago #69734

Our thoughts and prayers are with Thom and all you other old guys. :)

I too have gone through the back pain thing, caused me to give up my own contracting business. Just can't do the things I used to, at least not everyday. Depression, or any mental illness is a terrible thing and can eat away at you from the inside, I know that first hand as well.

As far as the back, physical therapy and stretching of all things worked for me without surgery. Chiropractic helped as well, but not as much as the therapy and stretching. It's amazing just what is connected to what. Now I can do some of the things I used to, I just pay for it the next day...lol...

Thoughts and prayers,

Dave and Laura Albertson

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024