Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Explorer New Member, New Build

1960 Explorer New Member, New Build 12 years 2 weeks ago #69357

I have been in the paint/body industry for over 12 years. I just bought this boat from an ad on craigslist for a reasonable price. I had to do some minor engine work, but now it runs real good. I am not familiar with these boats and never heard of them or I cant even find any information on them. Are these splashed off of a Dorsett? or something similar? Any help would be great - thanks.
I'll attach a few pictures for reference. The previous owner butchered the transom with a skill saw to get the 1965 evinrude to fit and then they proceded to cut the floor to "inspect" under it they say. I finished ripping up the floor and going to start laying in new stringers after I get it all ground clean and stripped down and ready. The stringers they had in the boat were make shift pieces half staples and nailed to the center beam with shreds of glass here and there. It looked bad. Does anyone know what or how many is supposed to be here for structural support? Thanks All who care. The transom is solid and i drilled through in a few spots to check for rot and all seems well surprisingly. All nice clean wood shavings in all sections of the transom.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960 Explorer New Member, New Build 12 years 2 weeks ago #69358

transom
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer New Member, New Build 12 years 2 weeks ago #69359

inner hull
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer New Member, New Build 12 years 2 weeks ago #69360

Keel and Hull design
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer New Member, New Build 12 years 2 weeks ago #69361

last picture for reference. Thanks everyone. Any information about the maker or what it was splashed off of would be great so I can gather information about the original build and how it was designed.
Attachments:

Re:1960 Explorer New Member, New Build 12 years 2 weeks ago #69369

• 59G3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Welcome !!! These guys on here will be more than helpful..as for me, ... Im like you .... do not what make/model you have, But you have til April to get er done.. Havasu Classic boat regatta is coming. I to live in Havsu with my 3 classics !

Re:1960 Explorer New Member, New Build 12 years 2 weeks ago #69370

Nice to know about the Regatta. I'll have her done by April! I am currently working part time while in school to finish my paramedic degree, so I have plenty of time to work on it in between servicing and repairing Boats for a local Broker and going to class. I do believe however that when I first moved to town I worked for a local place that your are very familiar with during busy weekends. lol Thanks again for the information. Stay in touch and I'll post pictures and let you see this thing when it's done. I cant wait to see all your classics. I bet they are nicely done.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online