Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mt. Dora, Lake Dora, Tavares March 22 2013

Mt. Dora, Lake Dora, Tavares March 22 2013 12 years 3 weeks ago #69195

We (the metal boats with tires guys) :ohmy: Will be playing at the Mt Dora docks. Last year there were lots of places to dock.
My invitation to Y'All is Noon Saturday we will be splashing in. Cruise on over and I will make sure you get an Amphi ride.
Heck I just might have my 59 Playmaster done :)

45 degrees yesterday........ :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Florida's Amphicar restoration destination

Re:Mt. Dora, Lake Dora, Tavares March 22 2013 11 years 8 months ago #73746

If I'm not in Alabama working on my retirement home, I'll be at the docks to join you!
Attachments:

Blest boater

Re:Mt. Dora, Lake Dora, Tavares March 22 2013 11 years 8 months ago #73797

Dave the Wave wrote:

We (the metal boats with tires guys) :ohmy: Will be playing at the Mt Dora docks. Last year there were lots of places to dock.
My invitation to Y'All is Noon Saturday we will be splashing in. Cruise on over and I will make sure you get an Amphi ride.
Heck I just might have my 59 Playmaster done :)

45 degrees yesterday........ :(

I'd love to go to Mt Dora one of these years...and I'd really love a ride in a metal boat with tires...:) :)

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Mt. Dora, Lake Dora, Tavares March 22 2013 11 years 8 months ago #74030

I was able to visit Tavares/Mt Dora last week. 85 and sunny, off the plane in Hellinois -6 with 30mph winds. I am much happier in a warm boat than a cold car. Only about 50 days till Dora :laugh:

Hope to see a school of Y'all there at Mt Dora for some libation :)
Attachments:

Re:Mt. Dora, Lake Dora, Tavares March 22 2013 11 years 8 months ago #74039

What a coincidence, earlier today I looked up boat shows for this year and discovered Mt Dora event. I put it on the calendar and told the wife we would have to catch the cool anphibs splashing into the water at the ramp. We'll be there - cool!

See ya, Bill

Re:Mt. Dora, Lake Dora, Tavares March 22 2013 11 years 8 months ago #74098

Pete the guy that runs the Mt. Dora part of the Amphicar show is excited to hear some Fiberglassics will visit us. He is almost finished restoring his 1959 Lake and Sea. He hopes to bring it out. I could not help but invite the www.midfloridacruisers.com/ I like my old cars too!!. :side:
Don't forget Mt. Dora has lots of good restaurants.

Pic is of Club member "Amphipoda" hitting water at about 40mph. Doing a water wheelie :ohmy:
Attachments:

Re:Mt. Dora, Lake Dora, Tavares March 22 2013 11 years 7 months ago #74277

Lake county is perfect this time of year. I came down for a few days to test the boat ramps. Yes they are working. :laugh:

Re:Mt. Dora,MARCH 22 AOMCI Offer 11 years 7 months ago #74837

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
DAVE, No intention to hyjack your thread, But just read a latest
offer, Low $, from the AOMCI portion of the show...J. Dundee
posts..
" I am in charge of the AOMCI area of the the Lake Dora show as a member of the Florida Chapter of the AOMCI. Also the owner of 5 Feather Crafts. I realize that some don't like the show but for those that do and plan on attending here is what I know from being on the Boat Show committee for the past few years. There are two ways to participate in the show and one just to be able to use your boat and not be involved. The first of the two is to register with the ACBS, Sunnyland chapter and recieve full benifits and a choice dock space. This can be done through their website. I don't have a good handle on the costs but they can be found on their website. For a cheaper way to display a boat is through the AOMCI, Florida Chapter. This cost is $25. and gets you a land display in the usual AOMCI display area under the big oaks at the east end of the show and two gate passes for three days. But to do this you need to be a AOMCI member. Also, the AOMCI has been given dock space on the metal docks at the east end of the show. Two things about using the docks is that you would have to launch from a ramp away from the show and possibly share the docks with the general public. As the show fills up better docking nearer to the wood boats might be arranged as space is seen to be available. This would also be $25. The cheapest way is to come by water, pay the entrance fee and hope that there is a place to dock your boat. "

Re:Mt. Dora,MARCH 22 AOMCI Offer 11 years 7 months ago #74838

I have the highest respect for the AOMCI. The restorers have to be artists and machinists. The costs to join multiple clubs can be expensive. But then to realize with out the Sunnyland Boat Club dues the Mt Dora Docks would be in what condition? They put a lot of money into that. I do not know about Tavares but I can only assume their input helped make it the show place for all of us to use. Still with four dollar gas, ever increasing motel and food costs a break in admission will be a deciding factor for some. I like our motto: United we float divided we sink" I am confident the little Amphicar issue will be resolved.And we can all play together again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle