Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New guy with a question?

New guy with a question? 12 years 3 weeks ago #69008

So I'm the new guy I guess. And right off the bat I've got a question for the vets. Does anybody know anything about this? no pics available yet. Here is the copy of the e-mail I sent to the owner of the company.

"I recently purchased a 14 foot fiberglass boat in excellent condition. Upon closer inspection (of the transom plate) I noted it was a 1960 Humber Regal. I had heard of your Jewell before, but nowhere on the web can I find any information about a Regal. I was wondering if I could get general information, specifications, selling price in 1960, number made, number sold, what they were known for(example being, I know the Jewell was and still is known for its exceptional handling and speed), where they were made and if possible, a ballpark estimate of what it would be worth now in relatively good condition. Any other information would be extremely appreciated."

So if anybody has any idea about this, or where I might be able to get info, it would be great. Thanks in advance!

In case it's of any help, here's his response.

"I’m afraid I have no information on the boats from the time when my father was running the company. He folded the business in the mid 70’s and all the specifics you are asking about were thrown out. I don’t think there were a lot of Regals sold and I believe it came out in the late 60’s and it might have sold for $1,000 or so with a motor. I haven’t the slightest idea what one would be worth now.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. The main focus of my business now is Torqeedo motors and marine solar panels as it has proved very difficult to build fibreglass boats in this country!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New guy with a question? 12 years 3 weeks ago #69014

portkirwin,,

NO IDEA but nonetheless WELCOME to the FG forum.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: New guy with a question? 12 years 3 weeks ago #69016

Welcome aboard. I know nothing of your boat and after looking in the library I know just about what I knew before. Sorry.

Re:New guy with a question? 12 years 3 weeks ago #69023

• Nautilus
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 58
In the antique car hobby, we'd call your boat an "orphan." That is to say, it's extremely rare but not particularly desirable. Without a "following," demand for your boat is most likely non-existant and the value would be simply what you could get for it on any given day from someone interested in owning a unique boat that no one has ever heard of. If you can't find someone knowledgeable about a Humber Regal here, that person probably doesn't exist. That big question that would most concern me is, "Is the boat complete?" If it had unique parts (cleats, windshield, bow light, etc.) and those pieces are missing, I'd avoid it. Anyway, sure would like to see photos if/when you get them.

Mentor to the unenlightened!

"Never allow logic to interfere with a boat purchase." - J. S. Hadley
"Vintage quality beats new junk every time." - J. S. Hadley
"Anything supposed to do two things does both of them half-assed." - J. S. Hadley
"Success makes...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle