• Page:

TOPIC: 56 Meteor water handling report

56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68914

• Meteor
  • Meteor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello, our 56 Meteor has now spent about 3 months being used on the water . Myself and my family have put about 30 tanks of fuel through it without a glitch. The Meteor used properly in calm reasonable weather is a pleasant boat with great water manors. The 2 rear bilge pumps I installed have yet to see any action as it is next to impossible to get water into the boat even on the fastest stop. The rear pontoons extending past the motor simply lift the boat out of harms way every time. Our lake is about 39 miles around the shore line and the Meteor has been around a number of times with my family of 4 on board. The boat does 29mph by GPS with 2 people on board using a 45HP Mercury Mark 58 with 2 blade 11 pitch prop. We had nothing but fun with this boat meeting lots of people on the lake...Brad Lake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: 56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68915

Meteor,

NIFTY rig.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68916

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Very nice! Excellent report also.

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68922

Looking at your boat brings me lots of pleasure. It is such a nice looking boat.

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68927

It is nice to finnaly see some pics of a Meteor on the water. It looks great cruising all there. I wish I had a lake that was that hugh. Great pics and a ever greater looking boat. Keep up the good work and have fun. Skip.

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68937

This is great news for me as I have heard in the past about swamping issues. I always believed that with a little common sense boating that it should be a relatively safe boat. I hope to start restoration on my meteor this fall I am just trying to find all the parts I need such as proper radio and antennas.
By the way what are the original style antennas for the radio ? I have seen some with 55 chevy antennas and another one similar to a mopar with springs on the base.
I will be doing the gel coat in the original black and yellow colour scheme mine was done in.
Great looking boat, thanks for the report.
Doug

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68939

WANTED!!!

Meteor boat in need of repairs. Willing to trade my wife, children, and one slightly worn out right arm.
Attachments:

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68944

Sweet, she looks awesome out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68963

My goodness you and your son did a fantastic job. Any one ski off of it yet?

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68975

• Meteor
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Simplepower, thanks for your comments. I believe the antennas were simply straight replacement antennas of the time with no springs. As for radio if you plan on using the boat you may want to consider an aftermarket "old car " style radio. The one I used has the old look, 57 Chev knobs and sounds great, I have a bunch of 50's music recorded on a USB stick that plugs into a hidden spot in the back of it. We also listen to FM allot on the lake. The original Motorola only poorly plays AM, your call. You may also want to look at the seat placement, the front seats were too far forward originally , I moved mine back 8" still giving good rear leg room and making the front comfortable. I also moved the steering wheel up about 1" as every inch counts for comfort in a Meteor. Our boat is very comfortable set up this way...Brad

Re:56 Meteor water handling report 12 years 3 weeks ago #68976

• Meteor
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Jim, thanks for your kind comment. As of yet we have not tried skiing behind it. I did just score off eBay a ski rope attachment for the Mercury motor so we will probably try it next year...Brad

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online