• Page:

TOPIC: LED trailer lights

LED trailer lights 12 years 4 weeks ago #68724

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I just installed some LED trailer lights I bought on eBay. I posted a review in Trailer Talk, but figured I'd make a mention of it on the main Forum. Could help someone who might miss it if they didn't look through all the Forums.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:LED trailer lights 12 years 4 weeks ago #68727

Beat you to it. I've been running mine all year and boy is it nice not changing bulbs. So far every one is working.

Re:LED trailer lights 12 years 4 weeks ago #68734

I have them on every trailer. I buy them from Harbor freight.

For my dry trailer (flat beds and livestock)
www.harborfreight.com/led-trailer-light-kit-95974.html

For the ones I dip in the water
www.harborfreight.com/one-pair-submersible-trailer-led-lights-94137.html

And I have 3 sets of these I keep behind the seats of each truck. If something happens to my lights I TAPE (I do not trust the magnets)on and go.then fix the problem when I get time..not on the road.

www.harborfreight.com/12-volt-magnetic-led-towing-light-kit-66186.html

You will want to add a plug between the lights and make the run between longer.....the plug makes it easier not to knot up. and also buy the cord below as to make an extension cord, for some trailers are too long for the cord that it comes with

www.harborfreight.com/four-way-trailer-wiring-connection-kit-96658.html

CAVU

Re:LED trailer lights 12 years 4 weeks ago #68788

• thetudor
  • thetudor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Robert, you got a great deal on those. However, even with my Prius, it would have cost me too much to drive to western PA to pic a set up. 8-)

TT, I looked at those, but I wanted the square ones since they have a more vintage look than the rectangular ones (the trailer is a 1964 Trailcar). The Glastron trailer is more current and I may go with the rectangular ones. You don't trust magnets? Have you never put a magnetic flashlight on the fender when a headlight burned out?

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:LED trailer lights 12 years 3 weeks ago #68842

thetudor wrote:

Robert, you got a great deal on those. However, even with my Prius, it would have cost me too much to drive to western PA to pic a set up. 8-)

TT, I looked at those, but I wanted the square ones since they have a more vintage look than the rectangular ones (the trailer is a 1964 Trailcar). The Glastron trailer is more current and I may go with the rectangular ones. You don't trust magnets? Have you never put a magnetic flashlight on the fender when a headlight burned out?

I had a set (before the lED) bounce off a trailer. After talking others they had the same happen. It must be that a trailers bounces so much that they come loose

CAVU

Re:LED trailer lights 12 years 3 weeks ago #68847

I used to put bulbs in constantly. When I hook up I just check them in the rear view mirrors. I'm always out before daylight and sometimes on the water at 3 or 4 in the morning. I love mine. I opened one up and discovered that they can be changed into the old light base. In fact they will work from one side to another. You'll have to work around the wire colors then. So if you have two lefts and an old square light you can make a right on in just a minute or two.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online