Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tri Hull

Tri Hull 12 years 4 weeks ago #68695

I have not put my 18' 1967 Crosby in the water yet but I am interested in how its hull shape will work on the sea. The original owner said he only used it on fresh water. I have been reading that tri hulls don't ride well in any sort of chop. Anyone have experience with this hull? Is it really a tri hull?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Tri Hull 12 years 4 weeks ago #68696

I am hoping that it will act as this guy posted at:
forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=64731

"Depends on the individual tri-hull. Some manufacturers built their tri-hulls Boston Whaler style, with not much in the way of deadrise in the center portion of the hull. This made for a slappy ride. Other manufacturers built huge deadrise in the center section, so the boat rides like a V hull when planing, but is stable at rest."
Attachments:

Re: Tri Hull 12 years 4 weeks ago #68697

Daniel77,

FIRST, WELCOME to the FG forum. =, LOTS of great folks here!

also, the majority of trihulls will "pound the fillings out of your teeth" out in "the short chop" BUT are, most of the time, superior for stability & "ride" to other hull-shapes.

i most especially LIKE the stability of the larger tris (like a 18-22 footer) to "live-line large baits" for wahoo, bull dolphin, sharks, ling, king mackerel, stripers, tarpon, etc out on the Gulf of Mexico & in the south TX bays.

just my opinion, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle