Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hydrodyne lives again!

Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68443

www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/First_day_boating_2.jpg [/img] After 7 years of tinkering and the last 4 months of intensive labor, the '61 Dyne has made her maiden voyage! There is still work to be done, but it is very near completion. I have been following Fiberglassics since 1998 and through many years, and various conversations along the way, the generous people here have helped me all the way. I would like to thank each one for thier input and encouragement. Most of all, I would like to thank my wife, Elizabeth, for seeing me through with this dream. She has sacrificed beyond what words could say. Her love is worth more than my boat. I can't wait to make it to some of the meets in the future! A quick abridged review of what I have done...replaced the core, removed the gel coat, painted with brightsides, rebuilt the engine, restored the trailer. This weekend, my family and I will be traveling to Northport and Traverse City, MI where my dad grew up on the lake with this boat. I supprised him with it yesterday and he was grinning ear to ear! He is going to drive me up and down the beach line where he grew up. I can not wait!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dreams do become reality!

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68445

Beautiful. Congratulations.

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68447

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
looks Great!

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68455

wentworth,its great to see you back,your boat is stunning!!
well worth the wait,very cool,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68459

Glad to see your back and absolutely outstanding job, she looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68470

Very cool enjoy the ride.

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68472

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks GREAT!

Are you taking the boat up to Traverse City?? Beautiful area. I went to school up there, and used to visit on the ship that I worked on about once a week. My Lake N Sea was built there- Back in '59.

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68476

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Very nice. Well done.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68481

• Shipster
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Great job! Even nicer story. Now where are the bumpers on the side of that boat?

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68487

So Dad was happy. :) I bet you made his day. Looks good.

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68560

Thanks for all the kind replys! I am taking the boat out on Friday after work to the Allegheny river in East Brady, PA. It should be a lot smoother, calmer, and cleaner than Conneaut Lake where she had her maiden voyage. For some reason, I couldn't get it to plane out. I just plowed the whole time. When I left the dock, there were some shoals and I could feel the sterndrive bottoming out a few times. I think mabey the catch did not reengage after the prop dropped back down. Every time I tried to give it more throttle, I would plow faster, but not get on top of the water. My other thought is that I may need to readjust the sterndrive bolt that lowers the prop further down. Any thoughts out there?

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68561

wentworth,where are you from?im not that far from you,im in indiana,pa,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68570

Hi John. I am in Butler, PA. By the way, since you are going to the Buffalo show, could you take a look at a windshield for me? CC1000 (not sure of his name) said he has a lot of NOS taylor made windshields. If you search the forum for hydrodyne windshield, you can see all the specs I gave him. If the windshield is the right one, I wonder if you could bring it back with you for me. Of course, I 'd work out the financial details with you and him. Let me know. Thanks. Todd W.

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68573

I'm in Kittanning. I love E. Brady. If you throw a something in from below the piers of the new bridge and let it swirl in the current just below :laugh: the piers there you will pull in smallies all day. I need to get back up there. It is hard for us to tell you if you have the proper angle without seeing it.

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68583

Robert, are you going to the Buffalo show? If so, could I send my original windshield with you and have you match it up for me? Since you're in Kittaning, I could drive over there tomorrow or this evening and send it with you.

Re:Hydrodyne lives again! 12 years 1 month ago #68600

No The only way I'll get to a show is if it is local. I'm Broke. :woohoo:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online