Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold!

Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 1 month ago #67832

• JAG
  • JAG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes, its true, she's gone to a new home with people who will love and care for her. She was and is a beauty. I've attached a pic for the last time of this great boat and also a few pics of her new replacement project that I will be restoring this winter.
The new face is a 1973 Chris Craft XK22 that is for sure a big project but hay, what the heck else does an old retired dude have to do with their time any way! May as well try to save another good old boat. The hull is in great shape and after spending about 12 hours with a wheel in my hand and a couple of bottles of McGuiers Diamond Cut Compound later the hull came out looking new. The top side is a different story and is full of cracks and crazing that must all be ground down to the mat and faired back in so its a good thing I have all winter cause that's exactly what it will take!! She's powered by a nice big Volvo V8 with lots of Zip!! Julia and I had her out the last couple of days and she GPS's just under 60MPH
She's a big boat, coming in a a whopping 3400LBS dry with an 8 foo beem, with that beep V she will cut through a three foot chop like butter, this is the same hull Chris Craft used on the CC Lancer which has a wonderful reputation for being a good heavy water ride.
Enjoy the pics!
JAG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 1 month ago #67834

Congratulations on the sale of your Barracuda! I am sure that it is a bitter sweet day....Love the lines on the new Chris Craft and the pictures show it to be in pretty good shape. I always enjoy having a new project for these long Iowa winters! Good luck and keep us posted as to your project. Do you have the 350 GM for power?

Re:Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 1 month ago #67835

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
No, she is powered with a new hopped up 305 Volvo with a 4 barrel, runs like a top!!
JAG

Re:Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 1 month ago #67837

The Volvo is bullet proof! I have the 270 drive in my 1972 Donzi Hornet and the Chris Craft Conversion 320 hp. 350 CID. Only thing that I dislike about mine is that fact that it does not have trim. I did purchase a special propeller from Solas that really woke it up. Dr. Solas specially designed the propeller for the Volvo drive. If you need copies of the parts books information on the engine and drives, I have them and will be glad to share and make copies for you.

Re:Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 1 month ago #67845

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Yes, mine is also a 270 drive.This boat doesn't need the trim, heck that hull design trims itself, boat runs straight and true all the time, I think having the 60 gallon fuel tank amidship in the dead center of the boat in the floor has a lot to do with the way this hull automatically trims itself. I will take you up on the Manual offer and prop info so E me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so we can get that handled.
I have heard that there is an after market power trim available for our 270 drive but have not looked into it yet.
Thanks so much,
JAG

Re:Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 1 month ago #67872

jag,whoever bought the lida rose,has the best boat i have ever seen in person,lucky folks.
now i cant wait to see the amazing restoration you do to the chris craft,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 4 weeks ago #68797

JAG,
The Chris Craft is going to be a great project! By the way, I think Lida Rose was at the Century Thuroughbred Roundup in Manistee this weekend. There's a pic on the woody boater page.

Bob

Re:Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 3 weeks ago #68936

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Nope, that's not her, that boat it Red and White and Lida Rose is Coral and White. The owner of tht boat lives in Grand Rapids and a super nice fello and a great restored Arena Craft . My boat went to Hessel Michigan in the U.P.
JAG

Re:Barracuda "Lida Rose" Has been Sold! 12 years 3 weeks ago #68943

Doh, very sorry should have caught that. I've been trying to deny that I need to use my cheaters when on the laptop but seems I'm just fooling myself! ;)

Bob

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online