Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Out & about in the old Power Cat yesterday

Out & about in the old Power Cat yesterday 12 years 1 month ago #67772

Got home from Ocean City, MD Friday night, took it easy Saturday, then headed out about 9 Sunday morning to the Hudson with Gregg. There was only one other truck & trailer there when we got there, and the river was almost smooth. We ran up & down from the Town of Bethlehem boat launch, got in some WOT fun, but had to be very cautious because of debris in the river. We spent about an hour, maybe a bit more, then headed home. Right when we got home, we needed to go pick Buckley up from his hair cut appointment, then headed up to Harbor Freight in Albany so I could get a rain check on something on sale, and also to pick up a new trailer jack. Got home, installed the jack, then took off again about 2:30 with Gail and the puppy for a ride up to Albany, around the I-90 bridge and back. There were a lot more boats out, big monstrous cruisers leaving behind 3' and higher wake waves, so it wasn't as smooth sailing, but we still had fun. Went through maybe a tank & 1/2 of gas, plus cleaned the old Merc out when Gregg and I were out. That 49 year old motor still runs great, sure is fun.

Hope y'all had a great weekend too! Now I'm back to work looking at a three day weekend coming up!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Out & about in the old Power Cat yesterday 12 years 1 month ago #67775

3' wakes!!! i would of hightailed it back to the ramp. glad you endured it...ron

Re:Out & about in the old Power Cat yesterday 12 years 1 month ago #67779

The Power Cat rides them fine (and at speed) as long as you take them sideways. Unfortunately Ron, you can't do that for long because you run into the river bank. Then it's throttle down time as you limp back over the wake waves.

Frank

Re:Out & about in the old Power Cat yesterday 12 years 1 month ago #67816

I was on my way back to the ramp after fishing a few days ago and ran into a tug with a few barges. I left him plenty of room and endured a nice wake. I snapped a pic as he went. We don't see many of these anymore here since we have no economic growth here. In fact we go backwards.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online