Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need a second motor

Need a second motor 12 years 1 month ago #67733

After my maiden voyage this morning, I realize I need a newer motor to go fishing with while I work out thew bugs with the classic. I need to know the weight of a 1973 65 hp Merc, estimates would be close. I have a small boat with a 45HP, need to know if this one is too heavy. My maiden voyage was an adventure, complete with storms and gale force winds ( well seemed gale force when out 1/4 mile with no power, and the wind was away from the dock). I love adventures. But a little security would be nice. LOL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Need a second motor 12 years 1 month ago #67739

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I've got a 70 something Merc 650 on my Glasspar... Its a great motor! Originally, I had a '59 evinrude fat 50 on her, but I got tired of putting money into it, and never knowing for sure if it was going to run, so I replaced it. I still wanted a 'vintage' look, so I changed out the cowl with an older one-

Looks great on the boat, and you'd never guess they weren't the same age, unless you were a 'connoisseur' like us ;)

As for the weight, I've heard a few different numbers, but most are in the 195-200 pound range, which I'd say is about correct.

The motors are pretty easy to work on, and parts are available for them, too. I got a SWEET deal on mine- It ended up being free after I sold the boat, trailer, and misc 'stuff' that came with it.

-Andrew

Re:Need a second motor 12 years 1 month ago #67752

Well, my boat is only 13' 9" centerline with a 60" beam. has a 140# 45horse on it now. Just wondering what weight limit I should be looking for? Glad I had a small boat, had to lead her like a dog on a leash for a 1/4 mile around the shore to the launch. Before the fuel pump went south, ran like a dream. Got up on plane at 11 mph (GPS), and was cruising, for 30 seconds or so. Just enough to get me out a little far to swim back. LOL Funny she ran flawlessly for a 1/4 of a mile around the dock (bay) before I decided to take her out to the 'big water'.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online