Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I inherited a 1958 shell lake dart

I inherited a 1958 shell lake dart 12 years 1 month ago #67662

I inherited a 1958 shell lake Dart and was wondering if it's worth anything

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:I inherited a 1958 shell lake dart 12 years 1 month ago #67664

Welcome aboard. I'm sure it has worth of some kind. We need more information and lots of pics would help. Personally my boat is worth more to me than anyone would pay for it. But there is nothing like watching all the people looking at your boat instead of their nice new bass buggies and stuff because, "Yours is way cooler than what they have." If you may get a kick out of owning a boat that is older than some of your buddies been on this earth and maybe more than your Dad, then it is worth it. Now you have inherited a boat from an older person I take it. I own a 58 MFG that is older than me. :kiss: My new boat is a 59 Winner. I will not sell it to you for any price. But that does not make it worth thousands of dollars. It is difficult to place a price on a loved boat. I would suggest you learn the story behind the boat, fix what it needs and enjoy the boat. They do not make them like this anymore. The people you will find here are not of the "Throw-away- society." We are in fact Bitten by the BOAT BUG. There is nothing we enjoy more than dragging another one from the weeds in back of someones house who is at this very moment saying to his wife, "You believe that they took it for nothing!" to his wife. The boat had no value to them. But we show up at home and take pics and put them here for all to enjoy and we have the world and say, "Can you believe he just wanted it gone." To our friends.

Now you ask if it has any worth. I say yes. Will you get rich. No. I can not put it to better words, maybe someone else can. Either way can we see it?

Here is a link to Shell Lake in our Library. www.fiberglassics.com/library/Shell_Lake

Re:I inherited a 1958 shell lake dart 12 years 1 month ago #67669

Welcome Aboard.

What Bob is trying so hard not to say is that we all have been rejected from the sado-mastication sites because we punish are selves to severely by picking up these old boats and rebuilding them.
Attachments:

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re: I inherited a 1958 shell lake dart 12 years 1 month ago #67676

Kickinasche,

WELCOME to the forum. - MY suggestion is: QUICK, CUT THE BOAT INTO AT LEAST 4 PIECES before you "catch the disease" that we BOATaholics all have!
(CHUCKLE)

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: I inherited a 1958 shell lake dart 12 years 1 month ago #67679

Some years ago a man at a boat dealer was trying to sell me a brand new Tahatsu outboard,(shitty spelling) He decided to change the conversation from Do you have any old outboards for sale to You need a new boat for the new outboard I'm going to sell you. Well in the end I walked away because the man never heard what I desired and only pushed what he desired. His words were in my best recollection was, Why mess with that old junk and buy a new one. When in my mind I'm saying "Are you kidding me?" I still have the that old boat and that new boat would now be about 12 years old. In the meantime my boat is still worthless to him and I bet he would still try to sell me a brand new bass buggy to replace that old junk I love. Communications are down. :unsure: Your boat is very similar to my Winner in a lot of ways. I had mine given to me, and it's not for sale. If we could see dome pics I'm sure we can help. We love old boats here and try to save them all.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online