Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972

Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67351

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all, this boat has been in my family since 1972, I love it! Handles great, has Deep V bottom and is quite fast with just a short 15" shaft 65hp Johnson triple on it, it will still go 38mph according to the original OMC speedo in the boat. Back when it was new I think it would hit 43 mph. I'm building a 1975 Stinger 2 75hp for it right now.

I would love to find out what the boat was called and who made it, I think it was Vanguard, Starcraft, but I'm not sure and can't remember. The boat was sold to our family by Hunters Sport Shop, North Battleford, Sask. It had no emblems on it at all. Has flat sub floor.

More photos of the boat at this link!
www.screamandfly.com/album.php?albumid=1748

Thank you

Reg
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67366

Welcome aboard. The link won't leave me see. :( But I will say I like the colors. What does that plate on the dash say and steering wheel center, or anything else have anything on it.

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67397

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
pictures of my unknown boat attached to this thread below. Link in first post is not working over to screamiandfly site.
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67399

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Moer pictures of my unknown boat!
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67401

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
And yet another one of my unknown boat!

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67407

regr,

NO IDEA but WELCOME to the forum anyhow!

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67418

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
There is a power tilt panel, speedo and the steering wheel with the two silver bars on it?
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67419

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
There is a power tilt panel, speedo and the steering wheel with the two silver bars on it?
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67450

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I got a little closer on the hunt when a guy emailed me a picture of a Peterborough / Alcan brand boat, this is a Canadian made boat that has very similar lines to my boat, even though it was not the same year or exact model the lineage is hard to not see.

Kijiji ad on really similar boat
calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-Peterborough-motor-boat-W0QQAdIdZ404117799

Some history at this link, no pictures of course!
www.boatdesign.net/forums/powerboats/10-peterborough-11380-2.html

Just read this thread from October 3rd, 2007. This fella said, that "Alcan Canada Products Limited acquired what was left of Peterborough Boat in the 70's.(still trying to track down some dates) Years ago I was trying to hunt down some info on a wooden Peterborough model and spoke with someone at Alcan. They helped as much as they could but it turned out to be a dead end. Alcan did maintain an archive at the time but unfortunately precious little survived about wooden Peterborough boats. I suspect there is info on aluminum and fiberglass boats if someone had the energy to dig".

Here is a link to a forum of the guys talking about these boats, this is the wrong model but its interesting to see this, lost history.

Can the moderators of this forum start a history thread from this manufacturer, there is nothing at all on Fiberglassics.com about this brand of boat, and I'm almost positive that the name also rings a bell in my head. Also you will see that the nameplate badge was a stick on one that’s why we lost track, it fell off.
www.fiberglassics.com/components/com_kunena/template/200907_the_lips/images/english/emoticons/ermm.png
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67451

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I got a little closer on the hunt when a guy emailed me a picture of a Peterborough / Alcan brand boat, this is a Canadian made boat that has very similar lines to my boat, even though it was not the same year or exact model the lineage is hard to not see.

calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-powerboats-motorboats-Peterborough-motor-boat-W0QQAdIdZ404117799

Just read this thread from October 3rd, 2007. This fella said, that "Alcan Canada Products Limited acquired what was left of Peterborough Boat in the 70's.(still trying to track down some dates) Years ago I was trying to hunt down some info on a wooden Peterborough model and spoke with someone at Alcan. They helped as much as they could but it turned out to be a dead end. Alcan did maintain an archive at the time but unfortunately precious little survived about wooden Peterborough boats. I suspect there is info on aluminum and fiberglass boats if someone had the energy to dig".

Here is a link to a forum of the guys talking about these boats, this is the wrong model but its interesting to see this, lost history.

Can the moderators of this forum start a history thread from this manufacturer, there is nothing at all on Fiberglassics.com about this brand of boat, and I'm almost positive that the name also rings a bell in my head. Also you will see that the nameplate badge was a stick on one that’s why we lost track, it fell off.
www.fiberglassics.com/components/com_kunena/template/200907_the_lips/images/english/emoticons/ermm.png
Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67452

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67453

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Attachments:

Re:Can anyone tell me the name and make of my 1972 12 years 1 month ago #67454

• regr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder

Here is a link to a forum of the guys talking about these boats, this is the wrong model it’s a cool 2 seater 10 ft speed boat but its interesting to see this lost history come to life.

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online