Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PROBABLY OFF THE WALL! = INFO NEEDED.

PROBABLY OFF THE WALL! = INFO NEEDED. 12 years 1 month ago #67230

Friends,

I've WANTED a Glastron V- 215 VAGABOND CAMPER for YEARS. - Well, i've FOUND one from 1974 but the problem is NOT price, as it's "dirt cheap" (400 bucks for all), the Glastron (Ford) 302 & Volvo O/D are OK & she's on a DARNED EXPENSIVE tandem trailer too.

UNFORTUNATELY, the Vagabond's cockpit has been STRIPPED-OUT & i'd like to RESTORE her to STOCK.
(those who know me are not surprised that i want her correct.)

WHAT i'm wondering is: Does anyone KNOW what the interior looked like in 1974, have any GOOD QUALITY pictures of the interior cabin AND the cockpit and/or KNOW what the material for the seats & trim was???
(the factory pictures on www.classicglastron.com are OK but NOT good enough for my friend (the upholsterer) to COPY. -IF i'm going to spend the $$$$$, i want to have it correct.

THANKS for reading my tale of woe.

yours,satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:PROBABLY OFF THE WALL! = INFO NEEDED. 12 years 1 month ago #67243

Satx, try Googling Vagabond V-215. Google most always has an image section. There are a few other pictures that show more. My guess on the cockpit would be Naugahyde or something similar. FWIW, my 59 interior was Naugahyde.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:PROBABLY OFF THE WALL! = INFO NEEDED. 12 years 1 month ago #67250

thetudor; all,

the first thing that i did after visiting the CGOA site was google the Vagabond Camper.

what i'm hoping is that someone here has a factory catalog or BETTER yet a service manual for the hull. - i know that we have collectors of brochures & other factory literature in our group of friends.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:PROBABLY OFF THE WALL! = INFO NEEDED. 12 years 1 month ago #67305

I have a 1976 Vagabond. Mine has the sink, stove , dinette set up.

My upholstery has been re-done in basic vinyl

you can see some pics here goldenstateglassics.com/showthread.php?t=3008

Re:PROBABLY OFF THE WALL! = INFO NEEDED. 12 years 1 month ago #67443

mrho455,

THANKS for your input.

yours, satx

Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:PROBABLY OFF THE WALL! = INFO NEEDED. 11 years 8 months ago #73184

Dont know if you ever found what you were looking for, but I have a 75 pretty original. The seats have been recovered, but it. The interior of the cabin is all original down to the original curtains over the windows and the original lights. I don't have any pictures with me, but we are headed down to our cabin at the lake this weekend (where the boat is stored) and I would be more than willing to take pictures if you still need them.
By the way, it's a great boat. We love ours, and even though it's older she looks great and everybody new on the lake always comes over to see it. They are simply amazed by it. We've got the full canvas for the top as well and sometimes me and my boys will fish on it late and than "camp" on it over night. Great memories with this boat. I'd put a ton of money into her to keep her going.
Attachments:

Re:PROBABLY OFF THE WALL! = INFO NEEDED. 11 years 8 months ago #73185

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome aboard Coach! Pretty sharp looking crew you have there. Share some pics of your Vagabond when you get a chance, we'd love to see them.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle