Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 Botved Video - She rises from the ashes like

1959 Botved Video - She rises from the ashes like 12 years 1 month ago #67204

Here is the youtube link of my rough video of the 1959 Botved Coronet in action.

The popping and gunfire noises you hear are from the wind. I used my 35MM Fuji digital camera and not my camcorder so the sound is rough at best. This is the maiden voyage of the Botved Coronet. I could not get the other video to transfer as of this time but I will keep working at it. Great run with no incidents with the boat. We are on the Ohio River about 6 miles south of Pittsburgh. The "Big Beluga" was a man from Minneapolis MN who had sailed all the way down to Pittsburgh. Real nice guy to talk to, Engine temp was about 140, oil pressure at start was 60PSI and dropped down to 52 at running speed. 27 MPH was all we could get out of her with the out-drive set at the lowest point. We figure we could have squeezed about another 8 to ten MPH is we raised the angle of the out drive. The noise my buddy Frostie was talking about was a pop in the engine that we believe was caused by micro debris in the fuel. We drained about 3.5 gallons of old (27 years) fuel out . We installed an in line fuel filter, cleaned the bowl and the screen on top of the fuel pump, pulled the line off the carb and cleaned the screen in it, changed the oil etc. and she fired right up and ran as new. Fun time on a really pretty night in Pittsburgh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 Botved Video - She rises from the ashes like 12 years 1 month ago #67210

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Cool ride Voodoo, thanks for taking us along! Glad to hear the re-launch went well, she seems right at home out on the water. ;)

Mark

Re:1959 Botved Video - She rises from the ashes like 12 years 1 month ago #67214

• 63 Sabre
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 167
Feels good to get back on the water again.
Attachments:

Re: 1959 Botved Video - She rises from the ashes like 12 years 16 hours ago #70306

I have a 1957 17ft Coronet outboard, partially restored, with the original windshield and hardtop, for sale in Florida.

Re: 1959 Botved Video - She rises from the ashes like 12 years 3 hours ago #70327

I'm happy to see you came back. From Kittanning here and I do say we have a the best river valley in the US. Nice video.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online