Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1959 MFG 17'

1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67166

I have just purchased a 1959 MFG w a1960 Johnson 40hp and have a couple of questions . can anyone tell me how to "polish" this particular hull ? not to creat a shine (I don't believe with this texture it ever had a shine , even brand new) but to get an evenness in color and to remove the "ghost" of the old name and registration number . and how do I remove the "spray rail" to refinish ? it has a round head bolt thru the outside and what appears to be a "T" nut on the inside with no visable way to remove / but it must come off , as it is bolted on . thanks for any imput - also , is there any way to find out the paricular model name of my boat ? thnx again ......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67167

I have a 58 but some pics would be most helpful. Welcome aboard. Mine is a 13 footer.
Attachments:

Re: 1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67169

lapstrake,

WELCOME to the forum. = LOTS of people here have the expertise to help you.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: 1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67176

Have you checked our library. It's a great tool. www.fiberglassics.com/library/File:Mfga59002.jpg

Re:1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67177

I would if I could figure out how to post a picture / the "browse" file button link does not highlight

Re:1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67178

Re:1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67180

Most pic posting problems are associated with files just being too large. This is a great site. Don't give up yet. Mine was born a Corry Suburban but someone took all the goodies long before I had it. Your is probably an Edinboro. The gelcoat should come back if it is not damaged too much. Mine was painted a few times when I got it. The gelcoat had been sanded so I just painted it. I don't like the black but it needed done again. My boat gets used well. It was made just a few hours away from me in Union City Pennsylvania.
Attachments:

Re:1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67197

I appreciate the response / at the bottom of each page it has a "select image file to attach" and to the right itsays "choose file" / that is greyed out so that it is not selectable - soooooo I can't even attempt to load picture / however , it turns out the boat is a 1959 MFG 15' - it seats 2 in front and three across the second seat - it has an open cockpit behind the second seat / thnx

Re:1959 MFG 17' 12 years 1 month ago #67200

or go to
www.photobucket.com

and set up an account
it's free and easy to use
after you upload the pic to your album just copy the IMG link and
past it into your message here
it will show right up

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67215

thnx , I'll give it a try .....

the "model" on the title states "H33" / does anyone know anymore about this type of boat ? thanks

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67226

If you're still having trouble posting the pics, you can email them to me and I'll post them for you. info(at)glassicsonline(dot)com.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67231

Jimi, here are your pics, I think I know what the problem was. Somehow you saved the pictures without the .jpg file extension, so the computer didn't know they were pictures. I was able to open them in paint and save them with the proper file extension. Dave.

Enjoy...

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67246

Well this looks close to me. The trailer is a Tee Nee but I think it has the wrong fenders.
Attachments:

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67249

thanks Dave / I didn't even get to the point of uploadimg because the "browse" was unclickable / Most pressing is how to remove the sprayrail / HELP !! Thanks )

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67254

Mine is just riveted through the hull into an aluminum angle inside.
Attachments:

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67261

These would have to be some mighty big rivets / do you have a wooden spray rail ? also , I do not have any aluminium in my boat / the inside looks like would but I suspect it is fiberglass reinforcing , and the plywoof both glued and bolted to the floor / I will take some pics tomorrow / I'll have to ask Dave to post them / it must be that I use and IPad that prevents me from uploading pictures my self /

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67290

My sprayrail is aluminum. My Keel and inverted A frame is wooden. That is all that is left of my original wood. It came new with a console and 44 inch wooden deck on the front.
Attachments:

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67291

what did you use to paint the inside floor ? does it come in colors ? I'm brand new to this ...... thanks 1

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67292

It is dirty in the one pic. It is an oil based enamel and I hate it. It is brilliant whit and it causes so much glare I prefer it dirty. It cleans up nicely and will look great. I don't remember the brand. I don't like the black either but it is what I had. I liked my boat Bahama blue. I have another quart of it.
Attachments:

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67293

my original interior floor is a chocolate brown , w/ 4 plywood panels / they are bolted to blocks glued to the floor - they are flaking badly / primer and paint - the inside of the boat itself is a tan color , but in need of refinish . I was going to use a marine paint . the boat spent 5 yrs with the foredeck sticking out of a tractor shed , so the fore deck needs complete refinish - I want to replace the rub rail while doing the fore dack/ the rest is basically clean-up / the original Johnson Sea Horse 40 is at the shop - no estimate yet ......

Re:1959 MFG 15' H33 ? 12 years 1 month ago #67294

I think your boat is a very nice example. Mine was butchered when I got it. With time and money it could be brought back to original like state.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online