Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hammond Boats

Hammond Boats 12 years 1 month ago #67083

Just had a Hammond arrive in the boat salvage yard I work in.It's an '84 model bow rider and had a 140 HP Mercruiser in it.Are these boats collectible? The engine has already been removed and the boss man wants to scrap it but he gave me a few days to research it.I know the history behind the nameplate so I'm just trying to save one.Overall the boat is in fairly good shape.Looks almost exactly like this one.
www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/34405-hammond-boats-4.html

Any thoughts or interest? Thanks,Charlie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hammond Boats 12 years 1 month ago #67087

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
..M.: Hello from Chattanooga, TN.. You mentioned the History , which is Hammond was the designer for Glastron in that era.. The Glastron forum club has the more brand collectors,, but without a engine makes the wrenching a tad difficult.. Maybe someone need the interior if that is good shape. I had a chanced at one, sort of like high end luxury , like the Cadillac car.

Re:Hammond Boats 12 years 1 month ago #67093

• Ike
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 14
Collectible? Absolutely! There is a huge fan base for these boats.
look at www.classicglastron.com/hm-hammond-index.html

I'd almost kill to have a Hammond.

Peter D. Eikenberry
newboatbuilders.com
"Don't tell me that I can't. tell me how I can."

Re:Hammond Boats 12 years 1 month ago #67106

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi Charlie, and welcome. The contributions that Bob Hammond, Art Carlson, and folks like that made to the boat building/design world in their times are "pieces of gold" IMHO. Highly sought after and very collectible, if presented to the right audience. There are several members on CGOA with Hammonds they have brought back to glory, beautiful boats!

(I was thinking more Lincoln than Cadillac Larry, but then I'm a "dyed in the wool" Ford guy ya know!?) :laugh:

Mark

Re: Hammond Boats 12 years 1 month ago #67107

Mungo,

as 120/140/165 Mercruisers are plentiful/cheap used, why not get the boat & restore it for yourself? - if the boss is willing to cut it up, you should be able to get it for a song.

there are lots of good/knowledgeable members of the forum, who will offer info/moral support, i'd bet.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re: Hammond Boats 12 years 1 month ago #67469

Thanks everyone for the comments!If anyone is interested in the boat it's for sale for $200.00. That's to cover the gimbal housing and trim cylinders that are on it.The boat is basically free.Make no mistake this is a project but in my opinion very doable.I will post a few pics tommorrow.If you need me to store the boat for a reasonable amount of time until you can get up this way I can do that.Heck, what's one more boat in the yard!
I have two project boats now a '63 Glasspar Marathon and a '73 Manatee so I'm not needing this one I just would hate to see it go to the landfill.
Thanks,Charlie.

Re: Hammond Boats 12 years 1 month ago #67625

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online