Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat bottom paint

Boat bottom paint 12 years 1 month ago #66719

Im going to paint the bottom of my Larson. I dont have the facilities to spray the paint on with a HVLP gun.Is there a good paint I can roll on that will last and not damage the hull? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat bottom paint 12 years 1 month ago #66735

To help you get the best answer, we would need to know the reason for painting. Are you concerned with aquatic growth on the hull when kept in the water for extended periods of time or to make it look nice?

Re:Boat bottom paint 12 years 1 month ago #66737

If you're not keeping the boat in the water, and just want a great roll and/or brush on coating, go with Interlux VC Performance. It's white, and dries to a rock hard finish, almost indistinguishable from gel coat, in part because it can be wet sanded and buffed. Great stuff. I get mine from one of FG's sponsors, Jamestown Distributors.

Good luck!

Frank

Re:Boat bottom paint 12 years 1 month ago #66817

If you want to go "On the Cheap" you can use Valspar, Rustoleum, or Majic Acrylic Enamel Oil Based Paints. Sold at various places. Either of them can be used with an additional Hardener which aids in cure time, Gloss and the hardness of the paint. I painted my 61' Lonestar hull with it and am extremely pleased with it's performance and durability. Is it Interlux...NO, but it Cost about $50 bucks to do my 15' hull with 3 coats and I have left over for touch ups if and when needed. Just an alternative if you want to consider it.

Re:Boat bottom paint 12 years 1 month ago #66870

Thanks to all who replied.I painted the inside of the hull with oil base enamel it worked great.Looks great.This bout is not that valuable for collecting so i have decided to go with the oilbased on the hull too.If I ever get the boat that I want to restore then ill actually get the expensive stuff and spray it on.Thanks again you all help me alot.I am enjoying what ive done so farwith my boats.Dan

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online