Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: who is going to the buffalo boat show?

who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #66530

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
ok,we are planing on going to bufallo,who all is going?
and where are you staying,which hotel/motel?john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #66534

We can't, family camping that weekend. Sure was hoping to see you in Hammondsport John, but glad you're getting out. The following weekend we're in MD for a big annual bash an old friend of ours puts on every year, then the following weekend we're in Old Forge (Adirondacks) for a Sunline Coach Owners Meet & Greet. September promises to be very busy!

Next Friday we'll be on our way to Ocean City MD for our one week stay in a condo right on the boardwalk and beach. Can't bring the puppy, kids can't make it, gee...

Frank

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #66535

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boy i wish you would go,im not sure who is going.
im also not sure what to register the boat as,to be judged.i dont see any entries for glass boats.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #66538

I wouldn't mind going, but that's even father for me than Hammondsport John. Hammondsport is a good central meeting place for an organized meet with dinners and lunches and stuff where you really get to hang out and relax. I love that place, and have to admit, I am not much of a city guy anyways. We still have a kid living in Buffalo, but usually see him in Fredonia when we go to visit our other son, his wife and Mason, our grandson. Wine Country Classic Boats continue to actively and publicly welcome glass boats at the meet every 3rd week in July in Hammondsport. We'll be there again next year, God willing.

Frank

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #66907

I may take the ride up ? I haven't been to the show in years.
The only problem is I'll be boatless.
NOW...If it was submarine show or divers convention, I'd have plenty of boats to register and show !

As for entries for fiberglass ? If your boat is judged, it's against a point system not against other boats. Meaning: there can be 5 boats in your class that can all be 1st place, or no boats awarding at all, or everything in between. So it might be nice to see where they ping you for points, for future improvements.... or it may just p*ss you off where they ping you for points ?

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #66931

John, there will be plenty of glass boats there. The judging is for points as Chuck says.

Chuck, come on over and don't worry about the boat, you are more than welcome to ride in ours. Dave

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #66938

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
yep chuck your welcome to hang around us anytime ,it would be great to meet you.
yeah i know the point system,i was just wondering if they had a glass class,when we were in harveys lake they had 2 classic glass awards.
john

---Mark Twain

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #67027

• Steve G
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hey John,I'm going to that one its really a nice show!
Steve G

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #67043

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
hi steve,it will be nice to meet you ,just look for this 64 custom craft sunray with headlights, to find us,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #67057

• Shelby18
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
John, your boat / trailer / motor are amazing. Is there a thread showing more photos?

Great to be on board.
Rick

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #67067

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks shelby,i appreciate the compliment,the boat is ed gordon and my moms,ed and i did the restoration(custom).
there are alot of threads on it especially years ago.
the best way to see pics of it is to go to my profile and click on "my boats" then click on a pic and it will give you a slide show,you have to do it on all 3 pages,john
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-profile/userprofile/john-gibson.html?tab=getprofilegallerytab&profilegallerypgposts_limitstart=0

---Mark Twain

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #67084

john-gibson wrote:

hi steve,it will be nice to meet you ,just look for this 64 custom craft sunray with headlights, to find us,john

John,

The Custom Crafts usually have their own section at the show. Norm usually brings 3 of his 5 plus there are a few others. I'll have mine in the water this year if anyone wants to go for a ride. I'm offering free sight seeing tours...lol...

Check out this photo album from the 2010 show:

[url=hthttp://www.nicklecityclassics.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=10002697]Custom Craft Boats at the 2010 Buffalo Antique Boat Show[/url]

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #67400

Thunderball, a Switzer Wing like this one will be at the show, can't wait to actually see one in person...

Attachments:

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #67404

Damm, thats moving!

Re:who is going to the buffalo boat show? 12 years 1 month ago #67533

The Finger Lakes Chapter of the AOMCI will have a display there again this year. I am putting together some videos/pics of the 2008, 2010 and the 2012 Raceboat Regattas that will be shown at our display. There is video of the Switzer Wings in all of the last three regattas, plus other race boats running, mainly outboards.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online