• Page:

TOPIC: What trailer?

What trailer? 12 years 2 months ago #66246

• DaveK
  • DaveK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Since my Dad and I have 2 boats, we have become curious as to what brand of trailer, they probably would have left the factory with. We know that many trailers were manufactured by many compsnies, but it seems as if some boat builders and trailer makers were somewhat working together to move their product. What would a '60 Lyman 16' probably been sold or marketed with? How about a '58 Wolverine/Wagermaker 14'? Tee Nee? Gator? Sterling? Non of these?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What trailer? 12 years 2 months ago #66249

With the location of Lyman and Tee Nee my money would be on Tee Nee. But I don't know.

Re:What trailer? 12 years 2 months ago #66259

Very rarely did a boat come for the factory with a trailer or motor or steering, etc... Those items were rigged by dealerships. So it was whatever brand or brands that the particular dealer used.

Andreas

Re:What trailer? 12 years 2 months ago #66261

I am with Andreas on that response. I had a family in our neighborhood that bought a new Cruisers Inc. in the 60's. It came to their house on a flatbed and they had to take it to the implement dealer in our town to unload. They bought a large Gator Trailer from our dealer in town and that is what the boat ended up sitting on....
My father's 1960 Glasscraft Contessa Hardtop sat on a Gator..Nice solid trailers that were loaded with options in the day..Tilt Bed, front caster wheel, and a rod that you could move that rolled the middle rollers to offload your boat when you had a shallow ramp. Dad never needed to use that option on our ramp as we had deep water to launch...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online