Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nice Looking Carburetor

Nice Looking Carburetor 12 years 2 months ago #66169

Well The 35 hp Johnnyrude Lark has a pretty clean looking carb on it but looks can be deceiving. The glass bowl on the pump was clean LOL :P Gas was not going through the carb and I'm not really working on the outboard yet. I was going to get serious about it later. But after painting inside the doors of my son's F-150 I had time to goof with it. I did find out it was rebuilt at one time by nobody other than Hercules. Yes that is right, he is not a myth. Poor guy does not know his own strength. I had to work on that thing pretty hard without ruining anything. I just gave it a quick clean-out because I want to put all new kit into it. I might add the pics of the cowl on it too. I can't wait to hear this thing running. I think the waterpump is not working either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Nice Looking Carburetor 12 years 2 months ago #66202

If the kit has a new float, your'e good. If not, you have to replace that one. The old red coated ones fall apart with modern fuels. Uusally when you break them in half, you can see where the fuel has been drawn into the cork. The new ones are coated with some sort of clear sealant. Don't use a NOS one that has red dope on it - they are no good anymore.

Re:Nice Looking Carburetor 12 years 2 months ago #66206

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
If the cork itself isn't disintegrated, it can be saved. Lay it in direct sunlight for a few hours to dry it out, then LIGHTLY scuff any residue off. Go to a hobby shop and get some model airplane "Fuel Proof Dope", and brush a few coats on. Its alcohol and nitro proof, so gasohol won't affect it. Some antique outboard club members bring a batch to events and invite others to dip their carb floats free, or for a minimal cost.

Re:Nice Looking Carburetor 12 years 2 months ago #66221

robert like i said you can come get a cowel from me i owe ya,free,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Nice Looking Carburetor 12 years 2 months ago #66256

I will be coming up John. I still would like to see some of your work. And get a look at your boats again. Would you like a winter project boat?
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online