• Page:

TOPIC: got her wet today

got her wet today 12 years 2 months ago #65890

• commander
  • commander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
decided to take her for a spin today after work but it didn,t work out cause my battery was dead this weekend for sure.i was at the ramp for less then 20min.but you should see the crowd that stand there and watch what an embarassment.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:got her wet today 12 years 2 months ago #65891

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
She's beautiful Commander, sorry to hear about the "hiccup" with the battery! I'll bet she DID draw a crowd, can't wait to hear the report on your first sea trial. ;)

Mark

Re:got her wet today 12 years 2 months ago #65899

Don't you hate that when it happens. I was going to fishing today. Last night I went to move my truck and put the boat trailer on and my alternator is dead. Guess what I'm doing today. :angry: First time my trucks broke in years.
Attachments:

Re:got her wet today 12 years 2 months ago #65970

Commander, I know your pain! On my innagural launch of my G3 last year, ran fine during the trial run the night before... launched at a busy Kitsap Lake, parked the trailer and jumped in with the crowd around, only to find out that the starter was dead. (My sticky ignition key apparently kept the starter running while I was testing the motor on the hose the night before, melting its internals) :(

It will run great next time out!

Bandit - 1959 Glasspar G3
See more G3s at www.g3owners.com

Re:got her wet today 12 years 2 months ago #65973

Last week an older gentleman with a new bass buggy with a dead battery at Crooked Creek was trying to start a 20 hp 4 stroke Mercury. Well he went out on the trolling motor. :huh: On the up side my truck cost me $15 to fix. I had a alternator off a 351 Windsor. I had to put a different electrical fitting in my wiring harness and switc :laugh: h the pulley. Easy breezy.

Re:got her wet today 12 years 2 months ago #65989

• commander
  • commander's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
got a brand new battery today and drain out the oil in the leg and squeeze a tube of some grease in to it.[my mechanic told me to do it]hook up the techdometer and got new gas also.tomorrow after work i check her over again and clean her up so on saturday i can head out again.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online