• Page:

TOPIC: uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin

uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65846

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i know thats not what the bowlight is called but i cant remember the name of it and the cleats,i picked these up today,the lenses are great but the chrome needs redone,if i had the bucks(im not sure how much rechroming is,lol)i would use them on my boat,but i might put them on ebay.

i also picked up 2 1959 golden jubilee 35 hp lark hoods also going on ebay.

i also got a free truck cap but it doesnt fit my truck,but it might fit my father in laws brothers truck.
oh yeah i also brought home thequa loop.john there are 5 pics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65852

john, the bowlite is very much desired. i would bet to restore it your lookin at $150+.

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65853

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
im going to put the stuff in the glassifieds 1st,then ebay,i could use a few bucks,lol,to put towards my devil ray.
ron the bow light would have looked cool on the devil ray,with the squared off front.john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65855

it sure would of...

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65861

The engine covers are just like mine. My side piece is cracked on one side but I have other places for money to go right now. I have to clean the fuel lines out on my lark and clean the carb since I'm not getting gas into it. I does run, Truck cap looks like a standard 8 foot bed cap on an older truck. My alternator went bad in my truck. First time it broke since I built it 5-6 years ago.

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65876

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
OK, John, Where the H*** did he get that! I'm thinking the bow light off the USS Enterprise! Wow! How huge is that? I'll bet it's 3 feet tall and made of solid brass.

Then I see it is a "Starship Enterprise" inspired bow light. LOL

One of those Lark Hoods might be nice.

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65878

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
robert which peice do you need?if i can get enough of the badges to make on great cowling out of the two covers,im thinking i might just sell the rest badges,but i know your in the same shape im in so no charge buddy.

jepster,lol,yeah i couldnt fit starship in the description.

---Mark Twain

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65900

Oh go ahead and sell them John, I didn't mean to hold'em or anything. I was going to repaint mine and maybe make it a winter project. :laugh:

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65907

the chrome shop I use that bow light would be about 200.00 to rechrome and the cleats about 45.00 each
the guy does nice work but is slow
and potmetal stuff is an art...and pricey

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65911

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
moparlvr4406 wrote:

the chrome shop I use that bow light would be about 200.00 to rechrome and the cleats about 45.00 each

"but is slow"

I think the chemicals get in their heads. I've never, ever, known of a chrome shop with a normal turn around for parts. If you bug them every week, like 6 months is fast for having things chromed. :laugh:

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65912

I had a chromer do my parts in 10 days. Parts for 1 1/2 boats. And a lot of it was pot metal.
AAA Plating on Front Street in St. Paul, MN. I am completely satisfied with their work and pricing.

Andreas

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65915

jepstr67 wrote:

moparlvr4406 wrote:

"but is slow"

I think the chemicals get in their heads. I've never, ever, known of a chrome shop with a normal turn around for parts. If you bug them every week, like 6 months is fast for having things chromed. :laugh:

I bugged him every 10 days after the "month" he promised.
at the 5 1/2 month mark I sent my wife down there...
it was monday and I got it back on thursday.
;)

Re:uss enterprize bow light and golden jubilee cowlin 12 years 2 months ago #65927

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thompsonboat wrote:

I had a chromer do my parts in 10 days. Parts for 1 1/2 boats. And a lot of it was pot metal.
AAA Plating on Front Street in St. Paul, MN. I am completely satisfied with their work and pricing.

Andreas

Is that the place where you go in and you can just barely make out some guys standing dipping parts into vats of solution through a dense chemical fog?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online