Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Keuka Lake (NY)

Keuka Lake (NY) 12 years 2 months ago #65730

Boy, did we ever have a great time at the Wine Country Classic Boats chapter of ACBS meet at Keuka Lake a weekend ago, and fun, fun, fun on Keuka Lake for the last week. The meet this year focused on real old boats (late 1800's early 1900's), and some of them looked brand new! Last year the focus was on fiberglassics and we had a good showing. This year there were very few, and unfortunately none of my FG buddies. Nevertheless we had a great time. Our new-to-us travel trailer did great, especially with the new AC I installed before the meet. Our 5 month old puppy (Buckley) had a great time, and I'm sure is wondering why he's sitting home all alone in the kitchen today...

My 50 year old boat and 49 year old motor continue to run great. We had a great time with our son Max, his wife Kimmy and our grandson Mason in the boat, as well as a visit from our son Billy and his girlfriend Ashley. With Billy and Ashley we circled most of the lake looking at homes we could never afford.

We also had time and the good fortune to visit our good friends Terry & Rosemary Holland at their camp on Waneta Lake, just SW of Keuka. Waneta is much smaller, and very shallow. First time I ever cleaned sea weeds of this prop! The Hollands have a great camp, and even a boat lift that kept the old Power Cat out of wake waves. We took a tour in our boat with them around the lake, looking at real estate. Hmmmm.

Nevertheless it's good to be home, I just wish home was near Keuka Lake!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Keuka Lake (NY) 12 years 2 months ago #65736

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Glad to hear you and the family had a good time Frank, I know that trip has become something you really look forward to. Any pics?

Mark

Re:Keuka Lake (NY) 12 years 2 months ago #65737

i wish we could have went frank,we had fun last year,im glad you two had a great time,pics buddy,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Keuka Lake (NY) 12 years 2 months ago #65744

frank, were you in the race this year? nuthin like a lakefront home..eh.

Re:Keuka Lake (NY) 12 years 2 months ago #65752

Okay folks, here's the deal, weird as it may seem. I did not take a lot of pics of the show because we had other things going on. I could have run around taking pics, but it is not fun posting lots of pics here. So here's a few for you:

Jack, chair of the show, addressing the good folks at the Keuka Lake Yacht Club Friday night...

My grandson Mason and me walking around our camping lot...

Mason driving the Power Cat...

Sunset over the western leg of Keuka Lake Saturday night...

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online