Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: VOLVO 170hp STERNDRIVE ENGINE & OUTDRIVE ?

VOLVO 170hp STERNDRIVE ENGINE & OUTDRIVE ? 12 years 2 months ago #65503

Dear friends,

i've found a "downright PURTY" BLUE/WHITE, with "low hours" 1974 Glastron V-179 (in evidently sound condition throughout), on a quality/sound, tandem trailer, with all the paperwork for 800.oo.OBO - it has a LOT of "goodies" that come with it, like PFDs, fenders, anchors, chain,etc

"the problem" (IF it is a problem???) is that it has a VOLVO, 3-carb, straight-6 engine & outdrive & other than it runs OK, i know ZILCH about those particuiar I/O systems.

Does anyone KNOW about that set-up, as i'd sooner NOT get into a MESS? hopefully even one of our flock has OWNED/maintained a 170HP (????) Volvo.

your thoughts?

yours, satx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:VOLVO 170hp STERNDRIVE ENGINE & OUTDRIVE ? 12 years 2 months ago #65563

the six cyl volvo is a pretty good motor and the volvo outdrives are fairly easy to take care of. that is probably a 270 series drive and parts are available and not too pricy,lots on evilbay. the only thing i can think of to look out for is the recurculating waterpump on the engine block. used are hard to find and new is almost as much as what you are paying for the boat. i believe that they are rebuildable(not positive)though. skipp

Re:VOLVO 170hp STERNDRIVE ENGINE & OUTDRIVE ? 12 years 2 months ago #65729

THANKS, Skip.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle