Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1966 Winner Boat

1966 Winner Boat 12 years 2 months ago #64672

I have recently aquired a 1966 Winner in/outboard 14'6" boat. I have no idea what model it is? Does anyone have info on this boat and what it may be valued? Any help or direction to sources would be appreciated.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1966 Winner Boat 12 years 2 months ago #64674

Welcome aboard. I have a 59 Scorpion. It should be found here in our library. www.fiberglassics.com/library/Winner

Re:1966 Winner Boat 12 years 2 months ago #64676

I have seen the literature and read everything in the Library. Unfortunately the model info specs do not cover the 1966.

Anyone have any info on this boat? What is it worth? I love the way it looks and would really like to restore it but if it not of any value, maybe I will think twice?

Re:1966 Winner Boat 12 years 2 months ago #64678

What you will find is that very few of the old fiberglass boats are valuable. But you will also find that they have a certain look and charm to them that draws you to them.

I know restoring or just cleaning an old boat isn't fun or cheap. But the first time you take it to the water and see how everyone gathers around to see it, and start telling you how they had one just like it years ago, and wished they would have kept it. Well that's far more valuable and rewarding to me than a dollar.

If the lines are right and you love the look, don't hesitate to go for it.

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:1966 Winner Boat 12 years 2 months ago #64679

I appreciate your perspective and I think I will go for it. I still want to learn more about it.

My biggest obstacle right now is that the boat is in Michigan and I am in Arizona. All the shipping quotes are 3k and above. Any suggestions?

Re:1966 Winner Boat 12 years 2 months ago #64680

3K is kind of a high price to pay. You may want to look over Craig's List, or just start looking around in the alley ways, you may find that you can pick up a local one for a lot cheaper.

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger

Re:1966 Winner Boat 12 years 2 months ago #64706

This is true. The Winner I now have was a freebie with trailer. No it is not valuable at a selling point but I do not plan to sell it. I have a 58 MFG I'm using now. If I go to sell it after the Winner is ready it will only go for what the outboard is worth plus a little more around here.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle

Who's Online