Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Searching for boat move info. . .

Searching for boat move info. . . 12 years 2 months ago #64445

Recently, I located what appears to be a great little boat. My online research has me believing it to be a 1956 to 1958, 14' Bell Boy Ballerina. Outboard motor is not present but the area where it was mounted appears to be in pristine condition. A good "stomp around" the interior, proves thus far, a solid floor with all plywood appearing strong and not rotted.
From what I can see on the outside, the hull appears solid. I had to go through the DMV in Ca to acquire it legally as it was abandoned. I'd like to spend some time bringing her back for use. There is no interior, motor or trailer. It currently sits on soft dry sand. My question is, what is the best way to move the boat? Some people have said just pull it up onto a flatbed trailer to transport it to a shop where I could have it fitted for a proper trailer. I would like to find an original "EZ lift" trailer which seems to have been standard for these boats. Anyone know where I could locate one? Would be great!

1 How to move the boat
2 Anyone know where I could locate a good used trailer?

Thanks in advance for your assist!

R. Magana
Long Beach, Ca USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Searching for boat move info. . . 12 years 2 months ago #64461

Ablewood,

We just borrowed a trailer. Hit the tilt bed up and winched it on to the trailer. Worked like a charm. On the other boat I just lifted the front up and supported it with a tire on each side. Wet down the tires (makes it slip easier) and winched it up with out using the tilt.

Don't be afraid to go for it. A 14' is a lot lighter than you think. 3 guys can easily lift it up and set it on the trailer.

Go get it, and send us some pics of it as it sat where you found it. Those always bring back fond memories.

P.S.-- A flat bed will do it but bring along an old carpet to drag it up onto the bed with so you don't damage the hull to much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1963 Starcraft 14' Ranger
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
( / Boats)

TEE NEE TRAILER W/BEE BOAT
09-11-2024

FG Login

FiberGoogle